make up in hospital?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

tanyababy. Posts: 511
hi gals. Have any of you thought about wearing make up during your stay in hosp. I will just bring some mascara and would like to go foundation free. Can anyone recommend a good concealer or something to cover blemishes that looks natural but does not look too made up? Thanks
islandfun Posts: 3054
eh for sure I'm bringing makeup, for the photo ops afterwards. You don't want to be looking back in years to come thinking - Jeez the state of my head in that picture. I have a small makeup bag in my labour bag with concealer and bronzer packed already oh and a small tube of Clarins flash balm. I bought the vaseline that has the rose tint in it too. Yes I am that vain.
Pumpernickle Posts: 206
DEFINITELY!! Whether I'll feel like using it or not remains to be seen but I'll be bringing my old faithful bronzer...
islandfun Posts: 3054
You'd never know a light dusting of bronzer across the baby's cheeks might be nice too.
mrs mammy Posts: 1487
I wear tinted moisturiser, easy to apply quickly and evens out skin tone. Maybe try that? Will probably bring that and some mascara with me too.
NewGirl Posts: 1143
I wasnt sure if i would bring mine or not but stuck it anyway and was glad of it. Next morning after a shower and clean PJ's I put on my foundation and mascarra and made me feel more normal and def give me a boost!
tanyababy. Posts: 511
do you think we will have time to put make up on in hopsital? Im presuming I will be busy and wont have time for much except concealer but I suppose babs will be sleeping alot of the time so I wont have much to do or will that be the case? What does everyone think?
rubies Posts: 1375
[quote="tanyababy.":2trb7312]do you think we will have time to put make up on in hopsital? Im presuming I will be busy and wont have time for much except concealer but I suppose babs will be sleeping alot of the time so I wont have much to do or will that be the case? What does everyone think?[/quote:2trb7312] If you're like me it'll be the last thing on your mind and you won't even feel like posing for pics.
Emme Posts: 4735
Think I'll get my eyelashes tinted for the occasion! Make up makes me feel great if I'm otherwise feeling frumpy so definitely will be bringing a full complement of products! And my fav perfume.
Perci Posts: 3847
I couldn't stand up straight for at least a week after the birth, had the baby blues and a baby that puked up everything he consumed. Make up was the last thing on my mind!