Making the Bed

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Jawl Posts: 8881
Can you get into an unmade bed?? I must admit, I can't! Before h2b and I lived together, he'd never make the bed, then I moved in and even if it made me late for work, I had to dress the bed before I went. So these days, he sends me on my way and does it for us. But not to my standards :o0 that's a whole different thread, the difference between male and female standards :o0 I could NOT get into an unmade bed :eek
Mamaboom Posts: 2094
Its 50 50 here whether the bed is made or not to be honest!!
jamjars Posts: 1721
[quote="Jawl":cwpscaso]Can you get into an unmade bed?? I must admit, I can't! Before h2b and I lived together, he'd never make the bed, then I moved in and even if it made me late for work, I had to dress the bed before I went. So these days, he sends me on my way and does it for us. But not to my standards :o0 that's a whole different thread, the difference between male and female standards :o0 I could NOT get into an unmade bed :eek[/quote:cwpscaso] +1 Lol, this whole post is exactly me! oh now does it while I'm in the shower and I always end up "adjusting" it after!! I HATE coming home to an unmade bed!! Makes me feel like the whole room is a mess!
ReginaFalange Posts: 10290
could not get into an unmade bed. I'd head off to work though and leave it unmade if I didnt have time- that wouldn't bother me. DH would probably sleep on anything- he wouldn't care!
ott Posts: 3920
The only time our bed is made is when we change the sheets. I think it's the biggest waste of time!
hils138 Posts: 680
CANNOT get into an unmade bed. We have a duvet and a sheet on our bed. The undersheet has to be shaken out and then the sheet and duvet put back on. DH makes the bed if I am not there or rushing but as Jawl said "not to my standard!"
emlo Posts: 1506
[quote="ottbride":2xkvvw8x]The only time our bed is made is when we change the sheets. I think it's the biggest waste of time![/quote:2xkvvw8x] + 1 During the day we might straighten up the duvet so it looks kind of made and then later might shake the dvuet out when we're getting into bed so its not bunched up - but that's about it!
ScarlettoHara Posts: 8442
Oh god I actually cant believe people get into an un made bed!!! :eek :eek :eek Every morning I make the beds. In the evening after the kids baths I dress them in my room and always straighten the bed out when we are finished. I cant bear even a pillow being out of place!!
havemovedon Posts: 2013
Bed has to be made when we get out of it. I can't sleep on crumpled sheets. I saw a programme once about all the tiny critters that live in your bed and since then I give the sheets and duvet an alnighty shake every morning to freshen them up!
cabbagehead Posts: 3899
I definitely make the bed every morning. It's just a matter of 2 minutes to give the duvet a good shake and fold it back, and then plump the pillows back into shape. It feels "fresher" then when you get into it at night. OH wouldn't have noticed either way - before we lived together, I shudder to think how many times a [i:2z5icswk]year[/i:2z5icswk] he made his bed (or even changed his sheets, puke!). Now that we live together, he will make it (and his standard is OK, maybe doesn't fold that straight, but it's passable :yelrotflmaosmilie: ) But I travel for work, so I can be gone a few nights on the trot, and I know for sure that the bed only gets made by him the mornings of the days I'll be sleeping in it. How do I know this? My flights got cancelled once, and when I called tosay I wouldn't be home he said "awww but I made the bed and everything!" :xox