Menu

Making the wedding fun for 14year old bro!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

crazychick Posts: 763
We're not inviting kids to the wedding, and have just realised that my 14 year old brother is the only person apart from the flower girl whos not legally allowed to drink - now I know drinks not the be all end all but any suggestions?
signorina_matrimonio Posts: 1297
Get him a Sodastream and let him knock himself out - it's pretty safe to say at his age it'll be a pure novelty to him!! :o0
marianf Posts: 5845
He will be fine. Why dont you let me ask a few friends to the afters. He will be caught up in family photos and food until then, so he wont be bored!
Mrs.slightly bonkers Posts: 3289
I kept my oldest son entertained by getting him to bring a friend.After the meal and photo's they went off and played ps3 in a room nearby.Also her brought a football so they went out.And they just ordered fizzy drinks and food when needed.
AnthonyHutton Posts: 2235
invite a load of 14 year old girls
marianf Posts: 5845
I was originally going to suggest that. But I thought boys don't notice girls until after the Junior Cert results disco....damn, I could have started earlier!
Roxanne Posts: 3201
Let him bring a friend to the whole day - that way his mate can act as a buffer between him and all the ancient aunties who'll want to give him big hairy kisses and say 'The height of you! The image of your father! Do you have a girlfriend?' etc...