Menu

Making your own cake??

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

MissG2MrsOR Posts: 3
Anyone considering making their own cake?? Am I mad considering it??
CasualBride Posts: 574
I didn't make my own but my BFF made her own and she didn't have any bother doing so. She made mine for me as well and it was lovely. I kept double-checking with her about making mine - I didn't want her to be under pressure, and she just said "If I was able to manage for my own, I think I can manage this" so I think if you're a good baker, there's no reason why you couldn't make it. Any professional baker will have it dropped to the hotel the day before the wedding anyway, so it's not as if they're being baked the day before when you have a million other things to do.
BuzzyBee92 Posts: 142
Considered it, but Aunt is baking it instead. There's pros and cons to doing it yourself, particularly if you are not a professional baker. My main concern would be the leaving it too late or suddenly not having sufficient time to do it, I am happy knowing my fruit cake layer has been baked and my Aunt is choosing a mystery tier so that should be fun....I love baking and I love cake but if ANYTHING went wrong with that I would be in tears. You're not mad in the slightest but do think why you want to and how you will do