making your own Pew ends..

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

meathrose Posts: 110
hi am am thinking of making my own pew ends and would be grateful for anyone who have made them to give me some tips or show me some pics if possible. my bridesmaid are a cadburys purple and my dress is white so will have them either colour - getting married on the 2nd jan so the flowers should still be in the church form xmas... thanks
yankiecandle Posts: 2888
:o)ll :o)ll :o)ll
stephyb Posts: 1439
i made mine, we have similar colours, mine are ivory with purple and cerise pink. They just sort of came together. Bought 20 ivory pull bows off ebay, bought purple curling ribbon. bought 20 calla heads and 2 stems of orchids which i then pulled the heads off. stapled the pew bows in the centre so that the centre was flat and glued the lily into it, then glued the orchid onto the stem part of the lily ( the lily is just the head no stem really) then i have real ivy cascading down below that with the purple curling ribbon and the ivory ribbon that's on the pull bow twined in through the ivy. They look really lovely.
oh sounds good, could you post a pic?
They don't have the ivy yet as it's still 19 days to go and i'm going to cut it the day before but you get the idea [img:1vjlpk7e]http://i574.photobucket.com/albums/ss181/WolliesPhotos/MrsMeows%20uploads/DSCF8687.jpg[/img:1vjlpk7e]
looks great, well done! :thnk
Mrs P2be Posts: 453
HIya, I made some for a friend, made them well in advance too which was handy, just got a few rolls of Organza from centralfloralsupplies.com and made my own bows to put on them, i dont have a pic though really sorry. the bows that are the pull bows are really easy to make, if you google them you should find instuctions on how to make them.
sunray Posts: 198
mrsmeow the pew ends are really lovely well done on your creativity I wish I could think of something like that! Can I ask a stupid question? Who will put these on the pews on the day? Have you asked your florist or someone in the family to do it? Our wedding is on a Sunday and it will prob be tight for time between mass and our wedding so don't know what to do - I'm sure the florist could do it but would prob cost more so don't want to mention them to her just yet.
we're having our ceremony at 1pm in a hotel so there's lots of time that morning. The men are going to put them on, there are 20 but the aisle is really short so i reckon only 10 will actually be used. we're having 2 candelabras, 1 floral arrangement, pew bows and 2 normal candles, so it's not very much decoration at all. oh and i'll be selling them when i'm done with them! so if anyone likes them enough just pm me. going cheap for pew bows and i can include freshly cut ivy? x