Male score fertility test

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

sally Posts: 1140
Hi there... just wondering has anyone used this I would love some feed back... I was looking it on medicaltestcentre.ie and wondering was it anygood.... heres some info from the site The FertilityScore is a revolutionary male fertility test that determines a man's sperm concentration and motility. Sperm motility refers to the ability of sperm to move around - a major factor in its ability to achieve fertilisation. This is a must for couples that are trying to conceive. It says its over 90% acurate for both concentration and motility
*Mrs Loulou Posts: 155
To be honest your better off seeing your GP and having him/her refer DH to one of the hospitals for a SA. My DH bought one of the fertility tests in boots (€130 :eek ) and got a very faint positive (he now knows how hard it is to interpret OPK's :o0 ) When he had his SA done the results showed a higher than average result or "super swimmers" as he keeps telling me :o0
Yeah I know lab tests would be much better but as we are just trying 6 months I wouldnt say they would send him for one but im going to go and see her anyway just to see what she says. Might give it a go and if its fine at least it will put my mind at rest
*Mrs Loulou Posts: 155
[quote="sally":dpq8gdye]Yeah I know lab tests would be much better but as we are just trying 6 months I wouldnt say they would send him for one but im going to go and see her anyway just to see what she says. Might give it a go and if its fine at least it will put my mind at rest[/quote:dpq8gdye] If she won't organise one try the Well Man centre in Pembroke road ir you are in Dublin. My DH organised his one through them as their opening hours are a bit better than our GP's. Afaik they didn't ask too many questions (though we had been trying for 14 months at that stage)
Mrs Peg Posts: 1778
Yeah, i agree with mrs loulou - i wouldn't bother with this. The test is so vague and doesn't really tell you anything - if it turns one colour, there's a good chance ur ok, if it turns another colour, then there's a good chance ur not - I needed more! We ended up getting a proper sa done and it was worth it - they can tell you the total volume, the motility etc. I'd save ur cash for that!
Afraid I already ordered it.... oops... well ill tell you how we get on. I think id trust a good result but if its bad id need to go further. Ill let ye know how it goes.
Mama Smurf Posts: 1447
Hi Sally, I got one of those things before. You'll have fun using it and yes its very accurate. Well it told us that hubbys sperm was very good by turning it a bright pink colour. Best of luck.
Sassy Posts: 2269
*Mrs Loulou can you just ring the Well Man clinic up and get an appointmen. Just wondering as we are on our 9th month and i am getting my bloods done this month, so i was thinking if we don't get our BFP this month might try and get DH to go to the clinic.
Well used the kit this evening and thank god got a good result although hubby was dissappointed it wasnt higher in the positive scale.... kept trying to convince me it was two shades lighter :o0 :o0 :o0 But im relieved its good news. Its easy enough to use and a bit of a laugh... I made the box do a sexy dance for him before he went to use it :o0 :o0 :o0 Dont know if id recommend it, it hard to know how reliable it really is as they dont tell you how it works so hard to judge. Still as I cant get a SA done yet it put my mind at ease.
Mrs. Taz Posts: 1216
That great news Sally, now you can relax a bit. It is so hard when you don't' know if something is wrong.