MALE WOLLIES or GIRLY WOLLIES - please help for pressie idea

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Walking Bump Posts: 2095
Am at a huge loss now for what to get h2b. I am giving him a box of memories and trinkets but have a €2k budget to get him something really special for the day. Any ideas? he's into F1, cars, planes etc. He doesn't want flying lessons (he's had them before) and don't think he'd be into partaking in a track day (anyway I'd be worried sick he'd crash the car). Any ideas at all gratefully received! Thanks in advance :wv
VERTIGO Posts: 207
If you have €2k to spend get him a weekend package to the 2008 Monacco Grand Prix :wv ).pdf HTH Keith
ginger nut Posts: 5989
there's a shop on drury street in dublin city centre (i can't remember the name of it but it's about halfway down the street) that sells photographs and prints of sports stars etc - you might be able to get a signed pic of one of the F1 drivers. It's not anything to do with F1 or flying but if i was giving (or getting) something for my wedding i'd want something the person could keep forever and be able to say "my wife gave me that when we got married".....would you consider a nice painting or limited edition print or photograph?
yes I would I was trying to get him a signed Autograph from the Edge coz he loves U2 and my mam is friends with the Edge's mother but she doesn't feel comfortable asking her so I think that is a non runner. I would love to get him something that's just utterly fantabulous and he'll remember forever even if it is only an experience as such and not necessarily something he'll always be able to look at IYKWIM. anymore ideas anyone?
Bumpety bump!
Peaseblossom Posts: 6642
what about a paintng? we bought gifts for one another on honeymoon instead of the wedding day (for that we exchanged cards) so on honeymoon hubby bought me a puppet (i lurve them its about 2 or so feet tall) and i bought him a painting of his choice
h2b isn't really into paintings. Ít's sooooooo difficult to buy for him. He's unbelievable!
TokenMale Posts: 6845
Buy him a big Lego kit, and pocket the rest of the money to be put towards a cracking holiday. Men are simple creatures!