Menu

Mama Spanx?! What has the world come to??

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

cabbagehead Posts: 3899
Yes ladies, magic suck-it-all-in knickers... for use... in [i:jzunz3ne]pregnancy[/i:jzunz3ne]: http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/ ... -underwear I'm disgusted! I mean, it's not fat, it's a new human being in the making! O:|
Rubyrose Posts: 5522
jeez...I wont be buying them anyway!
GreenerPastures Posts: 7284
I'm a hefty girl anyway and have bene known to wear these... BUT I'd like to think I wouldn't be so self absorbed and vain in pregnancy as to wear these. Yeah you still want to look good but hello??? It's a baby bump not a beer belly. Be proud of it. You're growing another human being FFS! It's a sad indictment about modern motherhood really.
Babylou Posts: 724
Read an interview with Amanda Holden yesterday and she wore regular spanx to hide her pregnancy for 6 months....at least these ones allow for your bump O:|
paperclips Posts: 3146
Theres not a chance you'd catch me wearing spanx on a normal day let alone when pregnant. I'm looking forward to having a bump, showing it off and just letting it all hang out!
Mrs Summer Posts: 5040
I wore one of these at about 20 weeks when we were going to a wedding and I was wearing a dress that I felt needed my bum and hips to be held in a little, there is no "spanx" over the bump at all it's only around the back and thighs so personally I don't see the harm, wouldn't wear one now as I'm just due.
cabbagehead Posts: 3899
Ah yes but Mrs Summer the point is that these new ones have got a bit to rein in the bump, that's why I'm a bit shocked. Normal Spanx don't pose me any problems, and the idea of sucking in your bum to go under a dress is grand - it's the idea of minimising the bump that makes me feel a bit queasy.
Mrs Summer Posts: 5040
Awe right cabbage, sorry I didn't even look at the attachment as mine was called mama spanx so I assumed it was the same one :-8 I defo wouldn't wear one to conceal my bump I'd be terrified it would do something to the baby :wv
ructions Posts: 2689
I am thrilled to be pregnant and I can't wait for my bump to appear but there is a good reason why I do not want my boss or my colleagues to know about my pregnancy until I am at the very least 5 months gone. If I feel I'm starting to show before then I would think about buying these.
pauline722 Posts: 323
Amanda Holden said she wore them to hide her pregnancy because she didnt want anyone to know yet as she had miscarried at nearly 4 months along. So I wouldnt blame her for hiding a pregnancy she wanted to keep secret until she was much further along. Sure the magazines are always on "bump watch" with celebs. I would imagine most women would not have a problem showing their bump as they are not in the public eye.