mamas and papas online

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

montblanc Posts: 385
Has anyone bought from mamas and papas on line. It says on the website that they deliver to Dublin. But i'm wondering do they charge the sterling price (its a good bit cheaper!) and what were the delivery charges? Anyone done this? Not sure what i'll be getting, maybe a cot and drawers as well as a few small things like blankets. I think i would save a nice bit of money by buying in sterling and it would be great if they could deliver.
firefly78 Posts: 312
HI, I rang up as I wanted to get something from their sale range that was a maternity dress and even though it was only 32.50 stg which would be about 38-40 eur and then I figured about 10eur on top for postage, I was told they have fixed rate pricing for stg to eur so the top was going to cost me 50 eur and then postage on top. I told them no thanks....what a rip off.
montblanc Posts: 385
Seriously!!! that is ridiculous, so they charge the same exchange rate that they charge in the shops so? No advantage to buying on line at all then.
firefly78 Posts: 312
Yup, very annoying isn;t it. She said the only way round it was to use a UK credit card with a UK bill address but the stuff could be shipped to Ireland so if you know anyone living in the UK you could do it this way.