mamas and papas sola

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

omgwtf Posts: 97
hi girls just looking for ur opinion on the sola. my mil very kindly put a deposit on this for us and was just wondering on what ut opinions are? the deposit is transferable! thanks
Giant Underpants Posts: 953
I have one and I absolutely LOVE it. Its lightweight, its sturdy, it folds up small, it faces backwards or forwards, its good for walking with, it has a big enough basket underneath, the colours are amazing. I cant fault a thing about it.
newbie10 Posts: 20
love my sola too, bought it together with footmuff and adaptors (they fit maxi cosi cabriofix) from pramcentronline.co.uk, postage was only £10. Think I saved €60 compared to the price I got in a toy shop here. You need to have 3d secure on your credit card though to pay online, my Bank of Ireland one didn't have it so mother in law used hers and had it delivered to her, think she had MBNA. Definitely a great purchase, so easy to manouvre and no need for extra carrycot as it's nicely padded with the footmuff liner. Spent ages browsing reviews but worth it when I settled on this in the end and its not half as expensive as some other brands. Also definitely worth trying to get car seat and base second hand (donedeal.ie - they were perfect), saved about €120.
Giant Underpants Posts: 953
I was lucky, there was a 20% off sale on when I bought mine so it was €290 instead of €360. That was in Arnotts, worth looking out for again though!
bolababy Posts: 706
Hi just wondering, you're saying that you didnt get a carrycot for it?
newbie10 Posts: 20
hiya, I didn't get the carrycot, just the footmuff which has a padded liner and I also got an M&P Luna head hugger in World of Wonder, €17, same pattern as the Grass Sola, fits loosely around the straps but stays in place. Even as a newborn my little girl who was only 6lb 8 was v comfy in it.