many people not going to work

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Penny Hill Posts: 1898
As the snow is worse this time, are there many people not going to work?!! Buses are travelling!
gottabfp Posts: 5641
Im in, only had 7 kids in yesterday tho so a lot of the parents arent going to work.
Penny Hill Posts: 1898
our students have been told not to go in! Was thinking about jumping on a bus now, cos some staff will be in. not due in till ten. Will be late, but wont make a difference in this case
Scruff1 Posts: 3139
I'm going in can't move my car though so getting lift from one of my lovely work mates!
Cinnabon Posts: 2626
I'm in as are most of my colleagues including the people that live out in the sticks.
MichelleMyBelle Posts: 1270
I didn't go in today, but I can work from home so I'm not technically missing work. Will still be fully paid and can work from the comfort of my living room! I'm currently sitting in front of the fire with the cat asleep on my feet, just watched Kirstie's Homemade Christmas. I love it! Suppose I'd better do some work... :innocent:
stick Posts: 1229
yup i'm in, got up at 6am. wrecked already :zzzz: :zzzz: :zzzz: :zzzz: my sister had to stay at ours cos she couldnt get home so H2B dropped her on his way in. took him 1.5 hours in.
LastRolo Posts: 6892
Yup, I'm in. Roads not as bad our way as they are around Dublin, although parts are incredibly slippy. -13 today :o(
luckyladee Posts: 2550
[quote="MichelleMyBelle":1w39llaf]I didn't go in today, but I can work from home so I'm not technically missing work. Will still be fully paid and can work from the comfort of my living room! I'm currently sitting in front of the fire with the cat asleep on my feet, just watched Kirstie's Homemade Christmas. I love it! Suppose I'd better do some work... :innocent:[/quote:1w39llaf] I'm like you Michelle - 'working' from home. On conference calls in my jammies while eating my brekkie. Cant watch the tv though cos H2B is working from home too (we dont even have our cars cos we had to abandon them) and he got the living room. :ooh
Scruff1 Posts: 3139
Im stuck at home now.....thought was getting lift but that fell through, so taking an annual leave day.....hope I can get in tomorrow, few things I need to do before Xmas! Think going to give the house a good clean today!