March Mums

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

fancypants Posts: 453
Hi all - just thought I would drop in to say hi and see how y'all are doing! All grand here - feeling Mahoosive but that could be more down to Christmas than baby!! - Have deffo slowed up a bit and am fairly tired in the evenings etc - sleeping is uncomfortable too - sleep on my side but keep waking with a dead arm from lying on it!! Think we will hit the shops this weekend for the start of baby buying!! - which is exciting!!! Also think my boobs have started leaking!!! - does anyone else have this or any advice - only a twinchy ammount but will I get more - paranoid about starting my own 'wet t shirt' contest in work!! Have Doc appointment on Friday so looking forward to getting an update then! - whne/how can they estimate weight etc? Ok better fly - gross being back at work eh? - but a tleast not too much longer! - roll on maternity leave :o)ll XX
Ducky Posts: 2506
Hiya, Yip, feeling very big and heavy no alright, a noticeable growth spurt over Christmas! Next apt is Jan 15, looking forward to see if baby has turned head down (I think it has) Energy-wise, I am OK even though sleep is hit and miss. Some nights I am fine and others I toss all night but that's because baba is too strong and kicks all night to keep me awake. Have found wedge pillow under bump brill and really helps to keep me on my side. My lower back is very sore though and walking any distance is tough. I find myself on the couch most evenings, trying to take the pressure off the sciatica. I am getting more heartburn, but it's not too bad, but my clumsiness and inability to bend down is driving me nuts! It takes forever to get dressed. On the up side, my skin is fab, hair is shiny and growing like mad, nails strong as bricks and am very excited. Am looking forward to finishing work, am due to be here until Feb 16, but if I make end of Jan I will be quite happy.
yeah the wedge cushion is brilliant! - helps a lot Have massive bottle of Gaviscon permantly within arms reach!!! Had fab nails but all broke over Christams!!
Are you sweating loads...erm...in inconvenient places?????
Think I know what you mean and yes! I am too... Hot in general anyway - and also think I am addicted to the bath! The leaky boob thing has kinda freaked me out I must say - its all getting very REAL if ya get me!!! - I cannnot believe we are down to single weeks - I mean it really does't seem that long ago I first saw pregnant on a clear blue test! - Am so looking forward to meting this baby!!
bree Posts: 1880
hi girls... Poor you with the leaky boobs fancy !! hate that! thankfully nipples seem in tact just yet. Feeling big too but dont think i had the growth spurt you too had .. think i got that big time b4 xmas & seems to have slowed down abit now tho still feel like baby elephant. the movements are alot differnt now, so much rolling .. its gettin sooo real. have bought lots ( pram, car seat,travel cot, rocker, cot, cradle etc) & actually have a few things in a bag which suprises me cause im not usually so organised. im not feelin as tired as i did in the 1st trimester tho and actually think i feel at my best since start of pregnancy, having said that i really cannot wait to have my body back...saw Will from will and grace in the bath earlier..candles lit, suds everywhere and a lovely glass of white in his hand & jus taut "i am soo lookin 4ward 2that".. just one night of it! told DH that nite will b like xmas in our house (minus the visitors!!! i have noticed that the hormones seem to be playin tricks on me..getting v.irritable at times and crying at nothin including numerous threads on here (esp the xmas eve BFP..That had me in floods!!!).. i feel v.sorry for DH.. say he prob cant wait to get back to work..lol
Can't say the leaky boobs have freaked me out, that started with me at about 18/20 weeks. Messy. Makes them very dry. Lots of moisturiser needed. Just saw my ticker, very scary, minus 60 days etc... Am mad to take down xmas decorations, clear the spare room and get all ready for baby, must be the nesting thing starting. When are ye doing antenatal classes? Was meant to start this week but have been put back until Feb. Don'tmind, it will be fresher in my mind then anyway. Keep having mad dreams about this one coming early...don't want it to as my mum won't be home in time for the birth if so! My mad hubby was in sports shop yesterday, in the sale and came home with two adidias tracksuits and two matching snow suits, one pink and one blue, for next winter. Nutter. Oh well, at least he's showing an interest! Have most of my stuff bought, just need to pack my bag and get DH going with the flat pack stuff! Soo exciting!!!
Ah that is so cute about your hubby... We have bought f all so far other than some stuff for the baby's room - e.g. curtains, a border etc. You are both so organised!! - I can't believe you are already organising your bags! - We are planning to do a big shop this weekend though for travel system, cot etc so am really looking forward to that. And like you I am itching to get the room in order - and get rid of Christmas stuff now - was super excited putting it up a few weeks ago - now its annoying me!!! I start Antenantal classes next Tuesday which I am looking forward to - I live in london now and it is a bit lonely at times as I don't have any friends here in the same boat and it would be great to have my mum and sisters close by but alas no! - So I am hoping to meet people at the classes - they are quite good here by all accounts for that. GP check up tomorrow morning so looking forward to a progress update. Work is busy and I just can't wait to finish! Ok continued health and happiness to you all, XX
bree Posts: 1880
am so jealous with the talk of doing the baby room!! were in the middle of a self-build & wont have house ready til late march - april , therefore must live in this kip for the 1st few wks of babies life : ( ....... this has been major issue for me , one of the things that keeps making me cry..sob ,cause the house were in ( rented) is old,dark,and can never get it clean !! yuk..but its too late to get anywhere else & also difficult to pay rent & mortgage together !! oh well... sorry for the rant..wil just have to be positie & realise its not the worst situation ever !!!
Ah don't be stressing Bree - its not for ever and soon enough you will have your lovely new home for your new baby! Believe me I would love to swop with you and be gettinga new build home - my place is falling down around us at the mo - need to get a lot of work done - Groan!!!