Marquee - LPM Bohemia?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Curunina Posts: 83
Hey all, I am having a marquee wedding next June, and thought I had found a marquee company, but then went to see another wedding that they did, and thought it looked a bit unfinished, so I am back on the hunt. I considering LPM Bohemia, but am a little worried that a tent-pole marquee will be a little unstable for my location, which is quite exposed. Anyone have any experience with this? Or other recommendations?
Newbiem2b Posts: 36
Hi there, We are having a marquee wedding March next year and decided to go with Pavilion Marquee. They came highly recommended by people in the industry. They are based in Galway but I think travel all over the country. Its a hard decision to make, I know, as it will have a big impact on the day. But most important to me was that they would be there on the day to make sure everything is ok, because it is not something I wanted to be worrying about on the morning of the wedding
Curunina Posts: 83
Thanks so much for getting back to me. I had had a quote from Pavilion, and they were a bit more expensive, but I think you might be right, that having someone there on the day could be crucial. I assumed that the marquee I looked at wasn't finished when I got there, but it turns out that the marquee company had left the previous day, considering their job to be done. If I were walking into that, and couldn't get my hands on the marquee people to fix and finish all of the things that were wrong, it would have driven me insane. I also heard that it was freezing in there... Have you gone to see any of Pavilion's work? I like the fact that they seem to do solid-sided tents - that's the main drawback, as far as I can see, to LPM - all four sides are soft.
Newbiem2b Posts: 36
Yes I have seen their work. It is impressive. We are going for a laid back look, but they have chandeliers, dancefloors etc! I think look at their quote and see whats important for you, you might be able to leave some bits out! They weren't the cheapest but I just got a good feeling from them that they wouldn't leave unless everything is perfect, our caterers have worked with them a good bit too and they told me that Cliff is meticulous, that he will be on his hands and knees making sure everything is perfect before you arrive. I also spoke at length with Classic Marquees and Michael was also very thorough and I really liked him. I just had more feedback about Pavilion than Classic