Mass Readings Dilema

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

reetz Posts: 99
Sorry about yet another topic on Mass readings, but I found lots of readings on here a few weeks ago and narrowed it down to these two but now I can't find where I got them, Help please?? My major dilema is that H2B is not Catholic and doesn't want any old fashioned or preachy readings. O:| Please tell me that this one is from the old testament and do I need to know exactly where??? A Reading from the book of Sirah A loving partner is a safe shelter, whoever finds one has found a rare treasure. A loving partner is something beyond price, there is no measuring their worth. A loving partner is a life saving remedy, and those who respect the Lord will find true life, and a person is, so is their loved one. And is this one from the new testament and again do I need to know the exact location in the Bible?? A Reading from St Paul to the Corinthians Give yourself to one another completely, be generous in your giving and make no condition on these gifts. Love one another constantly and fully. Be humble in acceptance of your partners love. Be honest with each other and do nothing that gives cause to deception. Be patient with one another’s flaws and accept each other for what you are, not what you wish one another to be. Communicate constantly with one another; be calm, patient, tolerant and reasonable in your communication. Share with one another’s misfortune alike. Fuse your souls into one and be happy for the love you have been so fortunate to find in one another. Also, does the priest choose the Gospel or do we have any insight into this bit?? Cheers wollies :wv
IndigoMoon Posts: 2842
These were the readings I used. Put them in the booklet just as you have them there. I also picked the gospel. All I did was get the priest to pre approve them before making booklets.
Thats great :o)ll :o)ll Are they from the old and new testament and do I really need to have the exact details of where they are in the bible or does that depend on the priest? :duh:
IndigoMoon Posts: 2842
I didn't have where they were from but it will depend on the priest. If you google them you will prob find where they are from
Elban26 Posts: 2458
The first reading you have is from the book of Ecclesiasticus, I am having the same one. Some of the wording is different though. This is mine: chapter 6:14-17. A faithful friend is a sure shelter, Whoever finds one has found a rare treasure. A faithful friend is something beyond price; There is no measuring his worth. A faithful friend is the elixir of life, And those who fear the Lord will find one. Whoever fears the Lord makes true friends, For as a man is, so is his friend. Our priest wanted chapter and verse! I originally had the same second reading as you, but our Priest advised us that it is actually a mix of two different chapters and wasn't oveerly happy about it, so we changed the second reading. Again it really depends on your priest. Run it by him and see if he is happy with it.
nikbic Posts: 344
hia elban love the reading but cant seem to find it anywhere when i go to search it.. do ya mind me asking whats your second reading??? head is wrecked searing for reading and their verses and every time i search them they seem to use diffferent words ahhhhhh O:o)
Tell me about it Nikbic, there seems to be several different versions of the same readings everytime i google them. It's just a nightmare trying to find the exact chapter and verse of the versions that i like. O:| O:| O:| Gotta keep googling :action34
gillette Posts: 1803
totally depends on your priest reetz - unlike elban, our priest was grand with us merging different verses from readings but yes, your readings would satisfy OT and NT requirements
Thanks Gillette, you reallt are "the best a wollie can get!" :yelrotflmaosmilie: Sorry i couldn'r resist >:o) I'll e-mail the priest tonight to make sure, and to check that he has recieved the pre nup paperwork from us. We did it in early March, actually on St Paddy's Day but then it had to go to the Bishop in Auckland, then to the Bishop in Ire, and finally then to our priest. Fingers crossed he's got it but now ;o(
gillette Posts: 1803
*) [size=85:kxfkrenn]it was only ever intended to be the best DH can get! altho that sounds bad too, DH clearly being wonderful :-8 [/size:kxfkrenn]