Mat leave forms ?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

gottabfp Posts: 5641
When do you send them in? Can you send them in earlier than it says on the form?
strangeangel Posts: 1269
They recommend sending them in 6 weeks before you intend to start your leave, but no reason why you couldn't send them in earlier (the doctor section is only completed after 24 weeks, though, so not that early).
Great thanks for that, Hours ere cut in work so was hoping to get them in whilst i was still full time, but i think it goes on last years earnings, would that be right?
weddingdiva Posts: 1349
Would a doctor allow you some leeway on your dates ( say about 1- 2 weeks??? ) for your form?
Then id have to leave work earlier which wont work for me as im a mont teacher and term finishes same time as mat leave starts.
Winter B2B Posts: 3494
[quote="gottabfp":2k6897b1]Great thanks for that, Hours ere cut in work so was hoping to get them in whilst i was still full time, but i think it goes on last years earnings, would that be right?[/quote:2k6897b1] The amount you get wil be based on your earnings from 2010.
woo hoo thts great to hear, i was rich then :o0
PaniniRoses Posts: 3628
[quote="Winter B2B":1sn5auz2] The amount you get wil be based on your earnings from 2010.[/quote:1sn5auz2] Does that mean what your salary was rather than what you actually took home? I was on ML for half of the year, so was only on mat benefit (tiny top up, not to my full salary) for that time.
Winter B2B Posts: 3494
[quote="PaniniRoses":mrctoael][quote="Winter B2B":mrctoael] The amount you get wil be based on your earnings from 2010.[/quote:mrctoael] Does that mean what your salary was rather than what you actually took home? I was on ML for half of the year, so was only on mat benefit (tiny top up, not to my full salary) for that time.[/quote:mrctoael] How the amount of Maternity Benefit is calculated If you are employed, your weekly rate of Maternity Benefit is calculated by dividing your gross income in the relevant tax year by the number of weeks you actually worked in that year. Eighty percent (80%) of this amount is payable weekly, subject to a minimum payment and a maximum payment. (The Relevant Tax Year is the second last complete income tax year before the year in which your maternity leave starts. The Benefit Year begins on the first Monday of each year and ends on the Sunday immediately before the first Monday of the following year.) If you are self-employed, your weekly rate of Maternity Benefit is calculated by dividing your gross income in the relevant tax year by 52 weeks - 80% of this amount is payable weekly, subject to a minimum payment and a maximum payment. If you are eligible for Maternity Benefit but have no recorded earnings in the Relevant Tax Year, you will get Maternity Benefit at the minimum amount. Rates of payment in 2012: Maternity Benefit Weekly rate Maximum payment €262 Minimum payment €217.80
PaniniRoses Posts: 3628
Thanks for that... I think I'll look at it again in the morning, when my brain might let me make sense of it!