Maternity Benefit form Question

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Mrs March Posts: 175
Hi all, Just printed off the form from the Internet because I remember reading on one of these threads that your Doc had to fill something out before 24 weeks. Section 10 of the form is the bit your doc fills out - basically your Due Date. It says the doc has to fill it in "within 16 weeks of your due date". Sorry in advance, I should know this but does that mean they must fill it out before 24 weeks or from 24 weeks on they can fill it out? I am thinking the second option but amn't sure. Anyone know?! Thanks a million!
Sphynx Posts: 6795
They have to fill it out at 24 weeks or later - I got mine done just last week!
Christmas B Posts: 6191
[color=indigo:2yu9zde0]I'm getting my form filled out tomorrow from the doctor as I'm now 24 weeks!![/color:2yu9zde0]
Rocky Posts: 465
sorry for invading this conversation but can I ask this - is it your GP or doctor at the hospital (Im going public in limerick) that i ask to fill out the form? Thanks , Rocky
Tigletts Posts: 2904
I got my GP to fill it out, and yes 24 weeks or later.
Rocky Posts: 465
thanks Tigletts must bring it in to her so, cheers :wv
Desert-Moon Posts: 1174
Jeez- you gave me a fright there, I thought reading your first post that it had to be done 24 weeks before the birth! In which case I'd have missed it. Thats great that you can print it off online. Will save me traipsing down to SW office! Cheers! :wv
Mrs March Posts: 175
Thanks for that! That's great. Will start getting organised for that.