Maternity Benefit Form Questions

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Hokey Cokey Posts: 4816
1. When did you get your doctor to complete it? 2. Did they put down your 'real' due date (Ive heard of people getting the doctor to say they are due on a different date) :thnk
Rocket Queen Posts: 7381
I brought it with me to the hospital and got the doc there to sign it. It was done pretty close to the deadline they give you (can't remember now) My real date was put down, but DD arrived 3 weeks early!
Hokey Cokey Posts: 4816
I have a GP appointment tomorrow so was going to bring it with me. I'm 26 weeks so if she wont/cant sign I think I still have enough time to get the consultant to it.
Anonymous Posts: 24542
Godammit, this is the thing that pissed me off most about my pregnancy. O:| O:| My company pays a top-up on your maternity benefit once you've been with them for two years. I missed out on it by three days (and no, there was no leeway - I asked >:o( ). Did I think of asking my GP to put down my estimated due date as being after the two years service? Did I hell. Never even crossed my mind. :action34 Too feckin' honest, I am. O:| O:| O:| O:| O:|
Jeidi Posts: 3128
Whats the benefit of lying about due dates.. coz I want in!! I'm due 25th Jan... just in case that makes a difference.
See above, Jeidi. Grrrrrrrrrrr.............. >:o( >:o( >:o( >:o( >:o( >:o(
Jeidi Posts: 3128
[quote="Ditz":146vfzm2]See above, Jeidi. Grrrrrrrrrrr.............. >:o( >:o( >:o( >:o( >:o( >:o([/quote:146vfzm2] Oops sorry... thought there was another reason. Blonde day today, you know yourself :o0
Ah, I'm sure I'll get over it some day. :-8 Three days, though! THREE DAYS!!! Grrrrrrrrrrr......... >:o( >:o( >:o( >:o( [i:2ehw3jpd](Let it go, Ditz. Let it go...)[/i:2ehw3jpd]
jess08 Posts: 481
By law you have to start your maternity leave 3 weeks before you EDD. Some people put down an EDD a week later so that they can work for an extra week before babs is born and have an extra week with babs afterwards. You can get your doc to sign you off for a few sick days at the end of your pregnancy. I guess it depends on how honest you are!!!! There was no way i could have worked at this stage!!!!! That said i went the full 2 weeks over, so used up 5 weeks of maternity leave before babs even arrived.
SaJa Posts: 4282
[quote:2sbxcri6]Under the Maternity Protection (Amendment) Act 2004 [b:2sbxcri6]at least 2 weeks[/b:2sbxcri6] have to be taken before the end of the week of your baby's expected birth and at least 4 weeks after. You can decide how you would like to take the remaining weeks. Generally, employees take 2 weeks before the birth and the remaining weeks after. If you qualify for Maternity Benefit (see below) at least 2 and no more than 16 weeks must be taken before the end of the week the baby is due.[/quote:2sbxcri6]