maternity benefit

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

zoe f Posts: 104
hi how many weeks are you entitled to off with pay :-8
coxy Posts: 34
hi its 26 weeks paid
Mokey Posts: 576
26 weeks either paid by your company/shared with state benefit or just by state benefit plus whatever holiday entitlements you have - i.e. I have 26 weeks state benefit plus 4 weeks holidays from my company plus whatever bank holidays that clock up in the 7 month period so in total I'll have 31 weeks paid. Hope that makes sense?
fxfor3 Posts: 2347
As Mokey said you ge 26 weeks paid plus your annual holiday leave and any bank holidays during your maternity leave.
zoe f Posts: 104
thanks girls that clears it up a bit : :o0
fxfor3 Posts: 2347
No prob. Gov.ie and oasis.ie have great information on maternity entitlements
raspberry ripple Posts: 1809
[quote="zoe f":12jvlr8d]hi how many weeks are you entitled to off with pay :-8[/quote:12jvlr8d] hi zoe, not all companies will pay in full while you are on maternity. Some don't pay at all and you will just get state maternity benefit. So you should check your contract, or with HR.
MrsJayKay Posts: 3025
[quote="nickname":2fzowcie][quote="zoe f":2fzowcie]hi how many weeks are you entitled to off with pay :-8[/quote:2fzowcie] hi zoe, not all companies will pay in full while you are on maternity. Some don't pay at all and you will just get state maternity benefit. So you should check your contract, or with HR.[/quote:2fzowcie] Exactly. I don't get paid at all from the company I work for so will get €280 per week state maternity benefit for 26 weeks.
angel3 Posts: 1572
MrsJayKay, Is that the max that the state give? how does it work like your pay? i know the min is something like €230 but how do you know what you are egible for?
porshe Posts: 1359
Sorry to gate crash but I have already applied do you get notice to say if you get it, or does it just go into your account?