Maternity Benefit?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

angel3 Posts: 1572
Hey Girls – I just wondered about the maternity benefit, how do you know exactly what you qualify for? Like I have heard that €280 is the max but how do you know what you are eligible for?
Sweetcheeks08 Posts: 317
I think you've to fill out the MB10 form and send it off and they work out how much your entitled to.. Now i'm not 100% sure.. Also maybe citizens info might help?
Emme Posts: 4735
[b:2cq80p38]I think[/b:2cq80p38] you'd want to be part time to not get the full €280.00. Off citizens info website: If you are employed, your weekly rate of Maternity Benefit is calculated by dividing your gross income in the relevant tax year by the number of weeks you actually worked in that year. Eighty percent (80%) of this amount is payable weekly, subject to a minimum payment and a maximum payment. (The Relevant Tax Year is the second last complete income tax year before the year in which your maternity leave starts. The Benefit Year begins on the first Monday of each year and ends on the Sunday immediately before the first Monday of the following year.) http://www.citizensinformation.ie/categ ... ty_benefit
angel3 Posts: 1572
Thanks Emme