Maternity Bra's

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

MrsRed Posts: 397
Hi Ladies Any recommendations on where to get some decent maternity bra's? I should really be wearing them by now, but I'm not sure where to look. I got some in Dunnes, wireless but they give very poor shape and i feel unfortable. Is there such a thing as a wireless bra, with padded cups for shape? Any suggestions? Thanks :thnk
mammymcphee Posts: 4477
if you have a debenhams near you, i would recommend there, they do fittings aswell, so can measure you and get you the most comfortable one :wv
ciaraella Posts: 5323
I'd recommend marks and spencers, they have a twin pack of non-wired padded t shirt bras for €22, very comfy and reasonable, espcially when your size could change a good few times. I've bought a twin pack (one white, one nude) each time i've been measured and they work out great.
Emomc Posts: 2069
[quote="ciaraella":26jjup2n]I'd recommend marks and spencers, they have a twin pack of non-wired padded t shirt bras for €22, very comfy and reasonable, espcially when your size could change a good few times. I've bought a twin pack (one white, one nude) each time i've been measured and they work out great.[/quote:26jjup2n] Plus 1
babybambino Posts: 940
Ah maternity bras, my favorite subject! Best place I found was arnotts, by far. The bras I bought were expensive-46 and 54 but I need the extra support now and I hope they'll last me a while. I found my local mothercare completely useless, their sizes seemed to be way off and the one time I got fitted was a disaster. I didn't see any non wired t shirt bras in m&s, only ones that were very unflattering and came up very high on my chest. I bought a few in debenhams but the t shirt bras have a plastic "wire" in the sides which I found so uncomfortable I had to cut them out with a knife. I bought a very comfy bra in there but it has dark blue spots which show through nearly all of my clothes so I can't wear it very often. So for me arnotts is the best and I'll be going back there to get my nursing bras
BabasFor2012 Posts: 1594
I got an Emma Jane maternity bra in a local shop that is so comfy. It actually is underwired, but with a lighter wire in it than normal. Gives great support but doesn't dig in, needs to be the correct fitting though I'd say.
gingernutter Posts: 1356
I have to agree with Babybambino and found arnotts is the best place to get fitted and get comfy supportive bras. I have spent a fortune trying to get a decent bra! went to mothercare and they were absolutely useless, bra ended up in the bin after a few weeks. M&S crap, House of Fraiser ok but not much to choose from, Arnotts were excellent and when they measure you the lady will go and bring a few in for you to try on. I'll be going back there if my boobs keep growing and i need more!!
ciaraella Posts: 5323
i would say be careful about spending too much money or buying too many of one size, i've worn three different sizes so far and am holding off buying nursing bras as i've heard they can balloon in the last 3/4 weeks so maybe just buy one or two to start and i'd definitly get nude ones so they'll do with any top. That's why i've stuck with the m&s twin pack, at 11 euro for a great fitting bra you can't go wrong! And make sure to get fitted, don't just guess a size!
babybambino Posts: 940
[quote="ciaraella":3rpvdrnv]i would say be careful about spending too much money or buying too many of one size, i've worn three different sizes so far and am holding off buying nursing bras as i've heard they can balloon in the last 3/4 weeks so maybe just buy one or two to start and i'd definitly get nude ones so they'll do with any top. That's why i've stuck with the m&s twin pack, at 11 euro for a great fitting bra you can't go wrong! And make sure to get fitted, don't just guess a size![/quote:3rpvdrnv] Definitely second going for nude bras wherever possible as they go with everything. I've been lucky in that the bras I bought at 10 weeks have done me up to now and there's a bit of growing room in the ones from arnotts so hopefully I won't have to buy any (many) more. I heard a few times to wait til 38 weeks to buy nursing bras but I heard a good tip this week to buy cheap ones for the first couple of weeks and then invest in some good supportive nursing bras when your size has "stabilized".
MrsRed Posts: 397
Girls thanks a millon, I'll try M&S tomorrow and see how I get on. Will def get measured, all about the comfort! :thnk