Maternity Bras

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

minibride Posts: 74
Girls - am 5mths and noticed have been getting a pain in my rightside and underarm - think it might be from wearing wrong-sized bra or underwire is too hard? Can anyone recommend the best place to buy maternity bras? Don't really care about fashion, once it gives good support and is comfortable (the main factor!). Do the usual suspects stock them? Thanks a lot!
Purple Tulip Posts: 3442
i went and got measured in shaws, i have gone from a 36C to a 38DD so far and i think i need to get done again!! also they say not to wear a underwired bra when pregnant not sure why the woman in shaws told me.
grumpy Posts: 1280
Yeah, we're only gonna get bigger :eek!! Now that I have decent bras, I'm much more comfy and supported and I'm not feeling the need to rip off the bra as soon as I get home. Its sooo much better - and much better for your boobies too. I would recommend that you get properly measured though, as a DIY job just won't cut it while pregnant. I just went to Arnotts and got measured for non-underwired bras. I am now officially wearing the same bra's as my mother. Lovely. I've read that you can wear underwire bras while pregnant, but just be sure that they fit properly. You really shouldn't wear underwire while breastfeeding though as it can cause problems with milk ducts - apparently some of these can go right around to your back!