Maternity clothes shopping in Cork?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

redwifey Posts: 2932
Hi girls Need to pick up a dress for the Christmas party and planning on heading to Cork tomorrow. Where would I find a maternity dress down there? I know of Beautiful Bumps across the bridge from the Opera House but that's about the only shop I know of.... Also, any ideas of where to go for lunch with a nice dessert >:o) ? We normally go to Amicus but fancy a change.. Any suggestions? Thanks
Bikki Posts: 199
Hey redwifey, Beautiful bumps is a lovely shop for dresses, some of them very well priced but some of the dresses are very expensive. I ended up getting a dress in Dorothy Perkins, on Patrick Street, above Evans, very reasonable at 40euro, it's all black but I got a red corsage to brighten it up. Mothercare have a few nice bits, I just found the sizing a bit off. I've also heard that red herring in debenhams have nice bits but haven't been in there myself. Then you have H and M and New Look both have maternity sections but I didn't seen very dressy clothes in either but they have nice every day things. As for a nice dessert, the farmgate upstairs in the English market do fab desserts but it is small up there and very busy but well worth it if you can! Enjoy the shopping!
Mrsexcited Posts: 927
Hiya RW, how are things going with you? beautiful bumps have nice stuff some dresses pricey others more reasonable. also have NEXT, H&M, New Look on opera lane. Mothercare on Patrick street. not been into DP's so not sure but as love2bamum said she got a dress there so check it out. red herring mainly casual stuff but by now might have some dressy things.. lots of places with nice desert, brown Thomas have a nice restaurant and very convenient for a buggy I presume T is going with you? Market lane on Oliver plunkett street down towards Parnell street end is nice and caters for babies as well. place next to the opera house , Crawford art gallery have a nice restaurant not sure about baby friendly though i.e. high chairs or room for buggies. english market is nice but small and alot of steps up to it definitely not child friendly. a few places by Paul street as well. so lots to choose from. happy shopping!! MrsE
redwifey Posts: 2932
Thanks girls. Will have a look in all those places, have pretty much all of them in Limerick so nothing new there but you never know. No MrsE, am baby-free tomorrow thankfully. Me and DH having a rosemantic day out :xox, strolling through the streets of Cork hand in hand :o0 so I can pretty much go anywhere. Of course all I am worried about is my belly! All good with me now thank god, have had a crazy few weeks in work so have been lying low here and on FB.