Maternity Clothes

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Jeidi Posts: 3128
Hi ladies, I took my maternity clothes from DS down from the attic and all I can really rewear are the jeans and a top or two. Everything else looks shabby! I have this lovely idea in my head of living in little flowery dresses with leggings and cardis all winter long! I got two dresses in Dorothy Perkins at lunch time, but overall the selection was poor, the lady said they dont get much fo a selection in. Theres no Maternity section in Next close to me. I am going to have to buy online. I hate buying stuff without trying it on. Anyway, besides the shops above and asos, and new look, are there any other places worth a look. I am looking for reasonable prices too - wont be buying dresses and tops for €50!
AmandaMc Posts: 1813
I went into my local town the other day and couldn't find a thing. Dorothy Perkins had one tiny rack of maternity clothes and nothing in my size. Might be in Dublin next week but thinking of buying a few things online too (which I also hate doing). Check out new look- some really reasonable stuff on their site
justwed09 Posts: 2349
i bought online with next directory last week two jumpers, 25 euro each. got them delivered to my local next for free, they are perefect and fit me perfect.
shootingstar Posts: 1340
Jeidi, Did you try Penneys? They have some lovely flowy tops, they do the long vest too!! The DP in our town has lovely stuff! I remember looking when I was preg and couldnt see anything and now they have loads? Will Next not order them in for you to the shop, that way you wont have to buy them???
PearlBaby Posts: 532
I like H&M and while i was Edinburgh last week i got a lovely top in Gap. They dont do maternity wear in Gap in Cork though.. :o( I am living in Leggings at the mo.
AmandaMc Posts: 1813
[quote="PearlBaby":wi9dubiq]I like H&M and while i was Edinburgh last week i got a lovely top in Gap. They dont do maternity wear in Gap in Cork though.. :o( I am living in Leggings at the mo.[/quote:wi9dubiq] +1 have been living in leggings since week 8. I'll probably never wear another pair after this pregnancy!!
Twirl Posts: 5598
I just have to say i used to hate legging but my god they are great. Jeidi i am the same as you, i have planned to be in dresses most of the time. I just hope i can find some that fit and some selection. I have to second pennies though they are great for little floaty dresses, well i have 2 out of it, one i never wore but i will some day and one im living in, but you can be lucky and they are not too short either.
Jeidi Posts: 3128
Twirl and Shooting Star - talk to me about Penneys? Do you just buy a few sizes bigger? Where abouts are you Shooting Star? I'm in waterford but would take a spin if I knew Dop had a good selection. Are ye all wearing normal leggings or maternity leggings? The maternity ones are €22 in DP which I thought was expensive enough! Justwed - 25 per jumper isnt too bad at all!
justwed09 Posts: 2349
[quote="Jeidi":2ddk6is0]Twirl and Shooting Star - talk to me about Penneys? Do you just buy a few sizes bigger? Where abouts are you Shooting Star? I'm in waterford but would take a spin if I knew Dop had a good selection. Are ye all wearing normal leggings or maternity leggings? The maternity ones are €22 in DP which I thought was expensive enough! Justwed - 25 per jumper isnt too bad at all![/quote:2ddk6is0] i bought tshrirts in pennys 2 sizes too big for me and they shrunk! but i did buy a big cardigan there in one size bigger and its fine over leggings. the jumpers i got im wearing one today and its so comfy. well worth the 25 i think.
PearlBaby Posts: 532
I got my maternity leggings in New Look - they were two pairs i think for 16 euro..I cant remember exactly...i'll go and see if i check. ETA - they are 18.99 on their website, so thats what i must have paid. Was just having a quick browse while i was there :innocent: they have some lovely bits.