Maternity Clothes

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

adelz Posts: 3088
Hi everybody where are you buying your maternity clothes? I have finally popped and am still quite small for my time line but wondering where you're all buying you're clothes from? I got one pair of jeans for over the bump in new look for 20e they are great, they are been taken up at the min. But everywhere seems to have such small selections....Anybody any suggestions? I dont want to spend a fortune on them as I will only need them for a few mths. The tops and that are fine as penneys are good still, but for jeans and even a nice dress for christmas etc.
BusyMom Posts: 717
I found Next great for jeans on my first pregnancy, although their jeans do expand so if you're between sizes, go down to the smaller one! They also do different lengths which is good, so you can have one pair for flats and another for heels. I've also got a pair this time around in Dorothy Perkins which are nice. DPs is also great for colourful tops, I found Next very boring for tops and H&M's maternity dept in my local shop is like someone robbed all the colour from it, and just left them with black, white & grey to use for tops/dresses! EH HELLO?! I'm pregnant, not dead!!
Febmummy Posts: 429
I got my jean's in next and my work trousers in Dorothy Perkins, my work trousers are the over the bump ones and they are so comfy! As for top's I didn't buy that many maternity top's as alot of them seemed a bit frumpy to be honest! Just got top's in a bigger size from Penney's they do long sleeved lycra tops for €5 and I bought 2 or 3 of the boyfriend cardigans for work and I have been wearing this combo until now. I might need to buy 1 or 2 maternity tops for over the Christmas but I am not going to be going out really and I have my xmas party next week, which is going to be leggings and a lace dress that I wore to a wedding in sept, but can get away with wearing it as a tunic now :-8 Tried and tested it there for a dinner last week and still has a bit of give! Sometimes Mothercare has stuff reduced and I was in mama's and papa's there last week and they had a lovely top for €25 from €56 , it was really 2 tops, 1 stripey long sleeved top with a cap sleeve top in tan over it... would have bought it but have enough casual kinda gear... H&M is also good Enjoy! :o)ll :o)ll
Winter B2B Posts: 3494
I found Next best for jeans. I found H&M best for leggings, also some nice casual tops&some nice nursing tops. New Look also have nice bits from time to time. I bought tops in Pennys&Dunnes in bigger size. I got a nice top last week in Dothorty Perkins.
adelz Posts: 3088
Thanks all so much, will have a look in DP over the next few days, I must try and just get another pair of jeans for work etc. Thanks so much, will have a look in next, they probably will have a sale coming up shortly too.... :wv