Maternity leave & Holidays.

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

pout1 Posts: 135
Hi Ladies Was just wondering does anyone know what the story is with maternity leave and your annual leave holidays, Are you entiteled to both, or are your holidays proportioned to the amount of time you have worked during the year? Trying to decide whether to take my annual leave before i go on maternity or use it up to add on to my maternity leave. Thanks a mill
Nadie Posts: 1111
You're still entitled to your full annual leave - so you can tack it on to the end of your maternity leave or tae it after you get back.
tinyfeet Posts: 3482
Pout1, afaik your holidays remain the same, you are still entitled to your full holidays. Oh & also any Bank hols that occur when you're on ML you're entitled to get them back aswell
pout1 Posts: 135
thanks girls :o)ll
sunsparks Posts: 2196
Just to clarify here though that it does depend on your company's policy. Some companies don't let you carry holidays over to another year (whether that's a calendar year or company financial year), so they may ask that you take all your holidays before you head on maternity leave. Bank holidays are a separate issue and you are entitled to these after mat leave.
babybuttons Posts: 886
its protected leave so you accrue holidays as normal. but word of warning. if you areplanning to take unpaid maternity leave this MUST be taken immeditaly after your paid maternity leave, then after the unpaid leave you can take your holidays and bank holidays you missed (if your employer allows it)