Maternity leave how to calculate?? - Page 2

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Perci Posts: 3847
I think you'll have to talk to your employer. My A/L year runs from April 07 to March 08. I'm going on maternity leave in October 07 til April 08, i'll then be adding on 6 days bank hols and then I'll be adding on 20 days A/L that I'll have accrued between April 07 and March 08 (bringing me up to June 08). That means I'm not using any A/L from next years quota. Sorry, not sure if that helps you at all.
charli Posts: 5994
you cant take all of your annual leave - just what you have accrued during the 26 weeks off - thats for the most part anyway unless you arrange something privately with your emp but thats not your entitlement re going back early - not sure on this - i know self-employed people often go back earlier but dont know about the entitlements, i know your empl can take you back early but dont know if you could [b:13z8zj9s]continue [/b:13z8zj9s]to get the mat benefit
molls Posts: 149
You cannot claim maternity benefit and work at the same time so, if you return to work early, your maternity benefit will stop.
mumof2 Posts: 3864
Girls is it 16 or 18 weeks unpaid - just reading this and trying to calculate it out but I thought it was 16 but a few of ye have said 18??
charli Posts: 5994
16 weeks unpaid for the year 2007 and 2008 - think there is talk of changing it in 2008 budget and that will probably be for anyone who starts leave after April 08
mumof2 Posts: 3864
Thanks for that Charli - was hoping there was an extra two weeks hidden there from me :o0 :o0
Bear Posts: 671
I'm a teacher and read in my into magazine yesterday that we get 39 weeks plus then you can add on a max of 6 weeks holidays, which would give me a total of 45 weeks. I had thought that it was 6 months plus 6 weeks til then. Does anyone know anything about that???