Maternity Leave Payment - Advice Please

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

lovethesite Posts: 1054
Hi All, As I'm due in Feb 2013 my maternity benefit is based on 2011. I was between jobs for a week in 2011 so wasn't working for that week (took a holiday :-) ) I'm assuming this wont have an impact on my payments its just that I read somewhere that you needed x number of consecutive payments and not sure if the week off will make a difference. xx
annonTTCer Posts: 532
I doubt a week would make a difference tbh, unfortunately when u send in your application they won't tell you how much you get until about 2 -3 wks before leave due to start, my confirmation letter was dated 7th nov and I officially start leave this Monday but I think you'll be ok for full amount
CherylC Posts: 1071
You'll be fine. I believe it's just the number of payments you have in the relevant year, so one week out is fine (you only need 39 I think). Check the citizens advice website for details. The amount is based n your current salary (up to 262 euro pw).
annonTTCer Posts: 532
I thought it was 39 wks too but wasn't 100% sure
Delphinium Posts: 3027
Girls, slightly OT but if you are taking the extended leave with the 16 wks unpaid you have to apply to the Dept of Social and Family Affairs to get your PRSI credits for those 16 wks. If you don't and you get pregnant again within the year you might not qualify for your mat benefit as you would have only 32 wks credits. There is a form that you just have to get your employer to sign and stamp to confirm that you took the 16 wks unpaid consecutive to your statutory mat leave.
crea Posts: 201
I was only looking into this last Friday. it has there: The week won't make a difference as you need 39 and you get more than that in a year. Employees To qualify for Maternity Benefit, you must satisfy one of the following PRSI contribution conditions. You must have: at least 39 paid PRSI (see note 1) contributions in the 12-month period before the first day of your maternity leave, or at least 39 paid PRSI (see note 1) contributions since first starting work and at least 39 paid or credited PRSI (see note 1) contributions in the relevant tax year, or in the year following the relevant tax year, or at least 26 paid PRSI (see note 1) contributions in the relevant tax year and at least 26 paid PRSI (see note 1) contributions in the tax year before the relevant tax year. Note 1: Only PRSI at Classes A and E count.
lovethesite Posts: 1054
Thanks a mill girlies :-)