Maternity Leave

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

bride20091 Posts: 140
Hi Just wondering when do I need to start looking into giving notice to the government re maternity leave, I am 18+2 at the minute?? thanks in advance :wv
Idina Posts: 1289
I think it's at least 6 weeks before you go and not until after 24 weeks (that's when you send in your forms) If you haven't told work yet then it might be nice just to let them know that you will be going.
Fairywings Posts: 360
As India said, its def at least 6 weeks before. I sent my forms off at about 28 weeks, got confirmation of receipt of my application bout 2 weeks later but 4 weeks later, still haven't got my final letter to advise how much I'll get but I've another 3 weeks before I finish up so plenty of time to get it.
Thats great, thanks Have told work was just wondering re the paperwork side of things, we dont have a hr dept or anything like thats. Thanks again :o)ll
Fairywings Posts: 360
You could download the maternity benefit claim form online. http://www.citizensinformation.ie/categ ... howtoapply If not ask your Dr, they sld have a copy of it for you. Both your Dr and your work have to fill out the form. Once completed you can post it to the address listed on the form. Hope this helps.
Thanks a mill, thats great, will print out now and get the ball rolling!!!!! :o)ll :o)ll
justwed09 Posts: 2349
i sent mine off last week, week 27. you cant send it til after week 24 gp and employer have to fill it out too.
volvic35 Posts: 1118
I sent mine off to my employer yesterday and they fill it out and send it on. My job said you have to have it in before the 10weeks before your due to give birth
marianf Posts: 5845
Check out the form because there is a 'to be submitted no later than.....................and also do not submit more than x weeks before you are due to go on Mat leave'.