maternity leave??

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

RoseDawson Posts: 1494
Hi girls. When filling out my maternity form I'm just wondering about dates. I am due to work my last day on Friday 27th of Sept, so that means I start my maternity leave on Monday 30th Sept. So 26 weeks exactly from that would mean I'm back to work on Monday 31st March. Is that right? I do intend to take some if not all of the 16 weeks unpaid leave too (if budget allows :eek ) When do I get paid for the bank holidays etc for when I have been off?? Do you get paid for them before you leave as in take some extra time off paid or do you get them after you return from your unpaid leave?? Or in between the 26 weeks and unpaid? Do I give my employer (very small business) written notice of my maternity leave and date of return?? (as in a letter from me with dates etc) Something formal down on paper. Sorry for all the daft questions. Just want to get it all right. PS: I can't find where you can do a forum search any more???
ttc2012 Posts: 661
[quote="RoseDawson":2hhdcjzn]Hi girls. When filling out my maternity form I'm just wondering about dates. I am due to work my last day on Friday 27th of Sept, so that means I start my maternity leave on Monday 30th Sept. So 26 weeks exactly from that would mean I'm back to work on Monday 31st March. Is that right? [color=#FF0000:2hhdcjzn] Yep! Correct! color] I do intend to take some if not all of the 16 weeks unpaid leave too (if budget allows :eek ) When do I get paid for the bank holidays etc for when I have been off?? Do you get paid for them before you leave as in take some extra time off paid or do you get them after you return from your unpaid leave?? Or in between the 26 weeks and unpaid? [color=#FF0000]Bank Holidays are accrued so you add them on at the end and u get paid but have the time off. U are entitled to Oct, Christmas, Stephens Day, New Years Day and March Bank Holiday so 5 days giving you an extra week off [/color:2hhdcjzn] Do I give my employer (very small business) written notice of my maternity leave and date of return?? (as in a letter from me with dates etc) Something formal down on paper. [color=#FF0000:2hhdcjzn] I did, i even had my unpaid leave on it, all days for bank hols/ AL before i came back etc and emailed to my manager so she could send to HR and they approved it all. I also had to do a letter without listing every date, just start and return dates [/color:2hhdcjzn] Sorry for all the daft questions. Just want to get it all right. PS: I can't find where you can do a forum search any more???[/quote:2hhdcjzn]
ttc2012 Posts: 661
Lol sorry fecked up some of my diff font colour there!
RoseDawson Posts: 1494
thanks so much ttc2012 :wv
gopro Posts: 1801
on the unpaid leave side you must give 4 weeks written notice to them so you can decide while on leave also if u take unpaid make sure you get then to sign the form for tax credits from the dept al you don't 'lose' weeks
incognito11 Posts: 193
Our HR dept says that the bank hols need to be taken after the unpaid leave, if you take them after your paid mat leave then that breaks the chain and you may not be entitled to your unpaid leave. Maybe it's just where I work but worth considering just in case :wv