Maternity leave - were your payments topped up by employer?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

MrsBlues Posts: 5170
Just wondering what the general view is on this. Obviously it varies from business to business, depending on the size and cashflow etc.
MaltaMammy Posts: 853
Oh I wish!! I left a grand job to come in to this one and my old job paid you your full wage but no such luck in this job!
Emme Posts: 4735
Mrs. Blues I'm surprised to have found out yesterday that I'm getting full maternity. The accountants told me he thought it was a given - I didn't! Small company, doing well but still. I'm delighted!
Pumpernickle Posts: 206
I'll have full salary for 18 weeks and then maternity benefit only for the remaining 8 weeks. I will get full pay for annual leave & bank holidays.
NewGirl Posts: 1143
No and company closed after I returned from leave so was made redundant ;o( :o(
AliceB Posts: 495
Yes, but in a roundabout way. Company topped up salary to normal level for first 22 weeks but didn't give the top-up for last 4 weeks until I came back... Still very good and much appreciated, esp when it came to taking unpaid leave after...
fxfor3 Posts: 2347
My company paid 95% of my wages for first 16 weeks then 50% for the remainder which was great.
MrsJayKay Posts: 3025
No, I'm not getting a penny from work. In fact I don't know of any legal office where the staff get paid maternity (maybe there are some in Dublin or that but not down here) :o(
sunnygirl Posts: 1876
[quote="MrsJayKay":taa3on4g]In fact I don't know of any legal office where the staff get paid maternity (maybe there are some in Dublin or that but not down here) :o([/quote:taa3on4g] i work in a law firm and get full pay for 26 weeks, then an option to take a further 16 weeks unpaid. Suppose I'm one of the lucky ones
MrsJayKay Posts: 3025
Are you in a very big firm and/or based in Dublin? I think you're very lucky......are ye hiring :o0