maternity ocassion wear

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

wedding09 Posts: 63
based in dublin but willing to travel a bit, anyone know good shops for ocassion wear..............i've a wedding comming up would like a nice fitted dress to flatter the bump, i'm quite neat! been looking on-line but would like to try on some stuff first, looked in mamas & papas in blanch thought they had nothing...............help!!!!
milinda Posts: 785
I have a wedding July and got a dress from Isabella Oliver, I love it. It was a bit pricey but I could find nothing nice that sited me at all. Keep an eye on this website for discount codes, I was lucky and got 20% off when I ordered.
Octobermum10 Posts: 855
Nelo on Clarendon Street have some nice dressy maternity stuff
BipsyBoo Posts: 1534
Bella Mama in Ranelagh, just at the Triangle, had some lovely dresses when I was in there last, but that was a good few weeks ago. They are very helpful in there too, and do alterations if needed etc.
ulanzi Posts: 135
If you're neat, don't discount Monsoon. The empire line and full skirt thing they do is super-flattering for the bump. I tried on a rake of stuff most of which was brilliant and ended up getting a lovely dress there. I'd normally be size 8 in there and all of the 10 or 12 dresses empire line and loose dresses fit brilliantly. I'm not small - I wore it at 30 weeks - it's just that the designs there are very bump-friendly. Hth.
wedding09 Posts: 63
thanks all, will keep looking........
babychino Posts: 634
Bump & beyond in Swords has some beautiful maternity dresses, Nelo on Clarendon St also really good, think they have most of their stuff online too
honeymoonbaby Posts: 896
Hi I know you said you wanted to try on stuff but has some really nice stuff some fitted some loose. I got a fab pair of cream trousers and a really nice top fantastic quality. I have a wedding in October and will be getting something from there for that.
OMG10 Posts: 165
I know asos has a marternity range too, not really sure what it is like as im not quite there myself yet :o0 :o0 :o0
milinda Posts: 785
[quote="babychino":1lszxefo]Bump & beyond in Swords has some beautiful maternity dresses, Nelo on Clarendon St also really good, think they have most of their stuff online too[/quote:1lszxefo] They done a piece on Ireland am and had some lovely bits, if you mention seeing it on Ireland Am in-store they will give you 10% off :wv