Maternity pay ?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Chukles Posts: 672
Just wondering if alot of your employers are topping up your maternity pay? I just found out that mine doesnt :o( and i heard you get approx €240 per week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am wondering how people manage to pay mortgages during this time or have I this wrong ;o( Thanks in advance :thnk
Hokey Cokey Posts: 4816
Mine pays the difference, thank god! I think the max state benefit is €280
ainm Posts: 2211
I don't think my boss will make up the difference in my pay. We're probably too small a company :o(
mrssunflower Posts: 3651
I don't get it either but I'm hoping I'll get the 280 a week then the 160 a month in children's allowance. I have contacted my bank and I will be paying interest only on my mortgage until I get back to work so that'll be a great help. I've also got my car for sale to pay off other personal loans and credit cards we both have.
It is sickening :o(
voddy Posts: 108
Mine wont pay anything. My bank allows a mortgage break so im gonna take this for 3 months.
MrsJayKay Posts: 3025
My employer doesn't pay either so I'll just have the €280 per week. DH will have to pay the mortgage more or less on his own although because I'll be able to transfer my allowances to him he'll get a couple of quid more each month.
SaJa Posts: 4282
When I told my bosses I was pg, they told me that they would top up my pay. But they've just found out that I'll only be getting max €280 in mat benefit and they didn't realise I'd be getting so little. Waiting to have a meeting with them this week to discuss it. Hope they will still top it up.
porshe Posts: 1359
It is a pain isn't it, mine don't pay either, and I am pretty sure not many get the max at €280 a month, is there someway of calculating this online?
No not everyone gets the max of €280 and I dont know how they calculate it ...... Does you hubby get to pay less tax when you are on maternity leave or how does that work - I am sooooo clueless!