Maternity Reflexology

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

mayday08 Posts: 704
Question: 39 weeks tomorrow and have a session of Maternity reflexology, is this good or bad idea as this can bring on labour !! I feel YES i am going for this then i feel NO !!!
MrsG2b Posts: 1458
My sis did it the whole way through pregnancy and she swore by it.
Chatty Gal Posts: 34
I'm 40 wks today-woo hoo! Anyway, had some maternity reflexology done y'day and really enjoyed it-very relaxing and hope it brings baby on in nxt day or so! I've had accupuncture and reflexology done throughout my pregnancy and loved both. L
Happy Mammie Posts: 1507
Mayday08 i am 29 weeks pregnant and i had my second lot of reflexology last night it is fantastic. i got it done as i was having problems wiyh my Sciatica and i really feel a lot better. I dident know it could bring on labour. But it is very relaxing if nothing else.
jiggy_jo Posts: 1166
girls would you mind sharing where you went for your reflexology? there are lots of places on the net but its always nice to get a recommendation. thanks :wv
Happy Mammie Posts: 1507
Im in Cork Where are you living
ah cork is a bit far..im in kildare so here or dublin would suit :wv
Bear Posts: 671
I had a labour session with a reflexologist this morning. It was lovely. She said that it brings labour on in about 50% of cases, so heres hoping. Jiggyjo I had it done in Leixlip if that is any good to you.
bear id love the contact details if you dont mind, if you would prefer pm me. thanks a million, and hopefully it will work for you :wv
mrscat Posts: 1082
[quote="jiggy_jo":kxzcyqrj]girls would you mind sharing where you went for your reflexology? there are lots of places on the net but its always nice to get a recommendation. thanks :wv[/quote:kxzcyqrj] I'll will let you know how I get on with my session this weekend.