Maternity sizes on ASOS

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

YoMammaSo Posts: 3256
I have a wedding in less than two weeks and will be 33 wks pregnant, I have a fairly large bump, I look pretty much like this turkey is cooked. Im all bump though, and my legs etc are still skinny ( on my good days). I was a size 12, so id def be a 14 now, I am ordering this dress on ASOS http://www.asos.com/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=2554612 [img:dw8n8lgq]http://images.asos.com/inv/media/2/1/6/4/2554612/black/image1xl.jpg[/img:dw8n8lgq] I went into town and tried on a dress very similar yesterday, black lace etc, when the girl asked me what size i was i said possibly a 16 and she said no way, your no where near a 16, the dress she gave me was a 14 it was loose still on me. Im wondering what size i should order this dress, I dont want it loose,and i dont want to be bet into it either. I dont have time to return this dress if its not right. Anyone experience with asos maternity sizes ?
Mrs W Posts: 2923
Would you maybe order 2 sizes and return one? I'm normally a 12 but I've been ordering 14's on New look because i wanted stuff to last me to the end and my chest has gotten very big. I was ordering a dress on Next for a wedding and ordered a 14 but it was swimming on me so it does just depend on the store I think.
Sassypants Posts: 4461
I'm a 14 (well...maybe a 15 at the moment) but when I was pregnant I was also "all bump" and I was a maternity 12! Himself bought me a dress from Asos in 14 and it was a little loose but grand on me. I'd be tempted to buy the 2 sizes as previous poster suggested. 12 and 14 (definitely not 16!)
Thanks girls literally just ordered, i went with a 14 in the end. and i found a 10% discount aswell so the dress only cost me €44 , Great!
vonnyoc Posts: 2688
Yomamma, Asos sizes are huge. I'm a good size 14 and the 12 fitted me perfectly. If I were you I'd order the 12 too.
jamseyjo Posts: 1132
I got stuff from asos too when I was pregnant and they are huge.
Sh1t ive already ordered, well i can eat what i like for the next week so :)
ashden Posts: 129
Same i oredered a size up and it was huge,if ur not in a hurry just send it back for smaller size ;)
Main: 60% Nylon, 35% Viscose, 5% Elastane should be ok, its figure hugging material fingers crossed, i def dont have time to sent it back the wedding is next saturday