maternity swimwear - head wrecking

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

wedjul05 Posts: 5673
God I swear if I had the money, I would open my own maternity clothes shop in the blanch area. Between looking for decent trousers to swimwear. I went into H&M the other day to the maternity section, it was barren is all I can say! The clothes that were remaining were all over the place and the stock was a disgrace. Finally got trousers in red herring and new look in liffey valley but now I'm on the hunt for a tanktini. Do you think anywhere remotely local might do one? No. I'd swear, it's a head wrecker. I am going to have to order one online, bit wary as I seem to be all over the place with sizes. This country makes me laugh sometimes.
mariac Posts: 982
i hear your pain try the maternity section on www.nextdirectory.ie i think there is some swimming gear
lifestooshort Posts: 2312
mamas and papas do some
Mollymc Posts: 18
Try eloramaternity.com. They are an Irish website. They do maternity swimwear. You will also get nice maternity casual wear - nice white or cream trousers with some really cool tops. Worth a try.
sunnyside Posts: 3164
[quote="MollyMc":2hgxzq3p]Try eloramaternity.com. They are an Irish website. Do maternity swimwear. You will also get nice maternity casual wear - nice white or cream trousers with some really cool tops. Worth a try.[/quote:2hgxzq3p] I like the bikini that's on their website but why is it twice the price of the swimsuit? :o(
Mollymc Posts: 18
Must be better quality. Its lovely though. I have my eye on it myself. Think I will get it. I'll have it for next time round!!
autumnbaba08 Posts: 127
Hi there I got my tankini in H&M in Liffey Valley only last week. Tried it on in the shop and it fitted so comfortably. Can't wait to wear it while I'm away. Also mothercare had nice ones to. Want to get another one to have choice but am finding it difficult to find one that doesn't look like "hickey nora". Was going to try a big size in M&S. Might try New look also. Anyway happy shopping and enjoy your hols :wv
sunnyside Posts: 3164
And just while I'm complaining- why is maternity swimwear nearly all halterneck. I know our boobs are bigger and maybe a halterneck is more supportive but the halterneck is like having a big towel wrapped round your neck- will wreck havoc with the suntan lines :o0
autumnbaba08 Posts: 127
I totally agree with you Sunnyside. That was the first thing that popped into my head when I tried mine on. Determined to get the second option. It is not as if they are string like straps, they are huge bands. O:|
wedjul05 Posts: 5673
thanks for that guys. I would rather get a tankini than a bikini, I presonally would feel too self-conscious in a bikini. Found another one online, must see if they deliver to Ireland.