Matress needed for Mamas & Papas pramette?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

babe06 Posts: 898
Bought a baby bath with sling in it and blanket and sheet set for pram. Does anyone know do I have to get a seperate mattress for the Mamas & Papas pramette I have and if so what one? Cause I can't see where I'd put on under sheet on the pram - infact it looks like it needs a matress.
Cowslip Posts: 761
I looked at the pramette in a couple of shops and they never mentioned it needing a matress ? The straps need to close around the baby so you couldn't put a matress in ? I think they have a 'Cosy' that has slits in the right place for the straps to go through (or was that a different pram ?) ? Someone who actually has a pramette will know though....
Cowslip Posts: 761
Babe06, Here is a link to a footmuff for the pram for winter months. It is soft and can be washed. I think the covers in the pramette can all be machine washed as well so maybe you don't need sheets ? [url:1vpyj8yq]http://www.mamasandpapas.co.uk/product_details.php?id=2507830&type=I[/url:1vpyj8yq]
Thanks for that I'll have a look. The cover on mine is the green one and is waterproof so wouldn't be very comfortable. Its a bit rough if you know what I mean. I didn't get it in the mamas & papas shop but I might call in there and ask them. Must look at the straps again. Thanks
Royal Wolly Posts: 1020
We had a pramette on last DS and certainly didnt need a separate mattress.... perhaps they have a new model but I think it is the same?? You should be ok, just use a little sheet..... ;o)
I was looking at the website last night and i think I need the cosy - is like an inlay you can but in the pram - so I think I'll pop into the Mamas & Papas shop and see what they say. As far as i can see there's no where to took the sheet in so baby might get tangled in it. I did buy a seperate Greco carry cot that fits into it so that will get me by. Thanks v much for your help girls