max amount youd spend on a hen night?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

yankiecandle Posts: 2888
just wondering whats the max people would pay, dont wanna put people out! thanks!
Excited2010 Posts: 777
It kinda depends on what kind of night your talking about. Are you wanting 1 night or a weekend away. Somewhere in Ireland or overseas?
havemovedon Posts: 2013
Honestly, I don't think you'll get a good cross-section of answers here - after all we're all brides and most of us are planning a hen of some sort! I'm keeping it simple, a meal and some dancing in town. Don't want to put expense on people at the moment. For me, anything over €150 is too much.
just wondering a figure & then organise the night around that. is 2 nights too much time away from home?
[quote="NYEbride2010":lodrxsia]just wondering a figure & then organise the night around that. is 2 nights too much time away from home?[/quote:lodrxsia] Depends on who's going. Quite a few of my friends have kids, so two nights wouldn't be an option for some of them. Also, a lot of them work on a Saturday or a Sunday, so mightn't want to take a day's annual leave.
most work mon - fri & only 1 has kids. is €200 too much? for all inclusive package?
Excited2010 Posts: 777
Ok well i will descrie mine Told them 8 months before hen and they booked cheap flights and also had rough idea of how much accomodation would be Then 4 months before they got all the final details of the hens which was a total price including 2 meals, 2 nights accomodation, entertainment, club pub entries, kareoke bars and a load of other things so in total it is working out at 150-200 (depends on what flights they booked) for everything. They have been paying it off weekly as well so they are all happy with it. They will only need spending money
[quote="NYEbride2010":ved19vo5]most work mon - fri & only 1 has kids. is €200 too much? for all inclusive package?[/quote:ved19vo5] Why don't you run it by a few friends and see what they think? Will give you a better idea of what people would like to spend.
BusyDee Posts: 8527
Are you talking just for accomodation & a meal or for the whole night - drinking money etc? I would say around 100-150 euro would be what I would be willing to pay. And I think one night is plenty!
excitednerjabride Posts: 869
Think its up to you and what you want, remember youll ever only have 1 hen and your friends want to be there with you..Have been to a few weekend away hens, absolutely great fun ranged from 150e to 330e, not including food drink etc but they were close friends, fab time. Recently at a night away in Navan 11oeuro for the night incl cocktails, accomodation, dinner and drinks, quite reasonable..Mine is 2 night s in Dublin(am from Dublin) and as we're getting married abraod wanted to make it accessible so what we are doing is offering different packages..golden package 200euro included 2 nights accom, dinner fri night, sat day activity, dinner drinks and entry to night club, silver package, sat night-accom, dinner drinks etc, you get the picture..few friends have kids so theyll just be coming in for the sat night out but thats why i picked Dub as a venue..Dont want to put pressure on people so thats why we giving options...Me and my 3 bridesmaids and the 2 moms are def staying in for the whole weekend so im chuffed whatever way people want to go... Were you saying in a previos post you were thinking of Galway, maybe invite close friends and family and have a night in the pub when you're back for those ythat counldnt make it(have kids, not enough dosh etc) Hope you get sorted :duh: