maybe im over senstive

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Snuddlums Posts: 1644
Hi girls Maybe ye can knock a bit of sense into me-we were down in dh bro today and his other bro and wife there,anyway dh bro told dh other bro and partner that wife was preganant while out in another room,i was sitting beside wife and dh bro(one that was just told the news) comes out and gives preg wife a big kiss and says congrats-nothing said to me,next dh bro calls in dh and tells him - still nothing said to me ,dh congratulated them,i said nothing as wasnt too sure what was going on till we left and i asked dh why was he congrauling them,he said sil is preg,i said oh right,he goes yeh that what they were whispering about,i just started crying like do they not like me enough to tell me or what. Dh says im reading too much into it but i am so annoyed and bawling my eyes out here.im so hurt.
I Dream in Disney Posts: 1592
That is a bit odd. I wouldn't know how to take it. Are you ttc or anything that they felt a bit awkward telling you in case they thought they were being insensitive?
happyfamily Posts: 3323
Were you in a different room when the brothers were chatting? Maybe they though that the pregnany lady had told you the news and you'd already congratulated her?? Not sure if i'm pictuing the scene correctly :-8
im off the pill but no1 kinda knows we ttc. Dh went into another room with preg lady(she followed dh into the other room) and husband,it right next door and door wide open.she never spoke one word to me the whole time we were visiting.dh thinks they didnt say anything to me cause they didnt want son to know(he was in the room with me) but then why call dh out of the room and leave me there?
happyfamily Posts: 3323
Oh that is very strange behaviour!!! What does your hubbie make of it all? Does he understand why you're upset? :action32
he thinks im reading too much into it and they didnt mean for it to be that way but i dont believe that,it was done intentionally,i always had great time for time for them but now after spending last hour crying over it,i cant get over the hurt
dancerformoney Posts: 2733
[quote="Snuddlums":evatq63z]he thinks im reading too much into it and they didnt mean for it to be that way but i dont believe that,it was done intentionally,i always had great time for time for them but now after spending last hour crying over it,i cant get over the hurt[/quote:evatq63z] ah dont be crying like that. have theyever been mean like that before? ever left you out before? ever done anything like that to hurt you? I dont think guys have it in them to be intentionally bitc*y like that, maybe the SIL. but why now? i promise im not taking sides but do you think that coming off pill has changed mood a bit? i know when my hormones are rife, anyone is fair game for my wrath! or for my paranoia!! sometimes our minds run away with us and i know i often have full blown arguements with ppl....in my head!! for soemthing i blow out of preportion!! maybe they figured h2b would tell ya? did they bring other wife/partner out to room to tell her? or did h2b bro just tell his bros? i got a bit confused with thstory, sorry.
Spoke with dh again today and his bro text to say sorry as he had made some comments about our wedding that dh hadnt taken as a joke. Dh decided to say it to him then that i wasnt too happy and he just said i thought snuddlums had heard it when was on the couch as dh had heard it which is bullsh*t as why still call dh out to tell him if he thought he knew? Dh mam wasnt too impressed when she heard and said dont let them be upsetting me as it wasnt my fault they treated me like that.dh told her i had been crying for an hour :duh: In laws who'd have them!!
PrettyWoman Posts: 1233
Snuddlums, I wouldn't worry about it. TBH I think you are reading to much into it. When I read your post first I just assumed that the lads assumed that you already knew, nothing more. It also sounded more like male bonding to me to tell the lads. As a previous posted said I don't think men can be intentionally b8tchy like like that. Unless are you upset because this is not the first time you have felt like this with them? Is there something else that's making it look worse and this is the tip of the iceberg?
Well yeh i always think dh sil and his other bro partner get on better and dont really include me and the two of them are preg so maybe this is why i took it so sensitive because i amnt preg they have nothing to talk to me about ya know?