Mayo brides - help needed!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

eiffeltower Posts: 7
Hi guys, Just wondering if you can give me a hand! We're getting married in Ballintubber Abbey & then having the reception in Mount Falcon at Christmas 2010. I have the photographer & videographer booked but that's it so far! We live in Dublin and are not from the area so we're finding it difficult sourcing other suppliers. Would any of you be able to recommend a florist - we're looking for something a bit different for the flowers, we've to do the flowers in the hotel as well as the church. Also can you recommend anyone for church music? And would also appreciate your recommendations for cars & cake too! Thanks for your help!
streaks Posts: 3592
Hi eoffeltower, I'm a mount falcon bride also! Booked our florist last week and I'm very happy! We book judy in balla florists, I called into her and she is very inspiring with lots of different ideas! I'd advise you to call into her or even give her a ring ifyou can't make it down! I'm very excited about our flowers and church and venue decorations since talking to her! If u need any help feel free to pm me! Enjoy the planning it's great fun, we only booked our menu tasting this evening, going over Easter! Can't wait!!
Hi lilmissgiggles! Thanks for your reply! :) I just pm'd you! Thanks for your help!
Sinead Nic Gabhann Ceremony Singer Posts: 1274
Hi, I was the singer at this mayo wedding, and here is a link to the suppliers for the day, it was truly a magical wedding. Hope this helps you out! Sinead
teletubby Posts: 406
Hi, I got married in ballintubber abbey in january. I would highly recommend Sinead Nic Gabhann as your church singer. She has such a beautiful voice. everyone is still on about how good the church singer was. For my flowers a lady named Judy Clarke who does it from her home in manulla done my flowers,lanterns and candles for the church. everything was beautiful. She is also very reasonable and a lovely lady to deal with. If you want her number let me know and I will pm you. For car I had getaway wedding cars. I had the chrysler 300 which was fab. They also do vintage cars. :wv :)
mrssoon Posts: 112
Hi, I'm a mayo bride too! I've also booked Judi at Balla florist, she's brilliant!! Very reasonable too!! I booked he's based in Claremorris and does vintage cars. For Church singer I booked Karen Madden, her website is Good luck!! O-O
Thanks a million girls for all that information, it's really helpful thanks! :o)ll Hope all your plans are coming along well! Mrskigs thanks for the tips on the hair and makeup, I just sent you a pm! Mrs soon what kind of flower arrangements are you getting with Judi? A few of the other girls have recommended her too, she sounds great! Happy Friday everyone! :compress
hopeful13 Posts: 501
I'm getting married in Ballintubber Abbey too ...... Aisling from Blathanna in Claremorris is doing my flowers and church decoration. She's lovely to deal with and i've seen her work so i know at least that's one thing i won't be stressing about the morning of the wedding. I'm a bit of a control freak and would nearly feel like i had to be there supervising it myself otherwise :o0 Have our car booked with U2R1wedding cars too ..... got a really reasonable quote compared to some ridiculous prices. PM me if you need any info
Sinead Nic Gabhann Ceremony Singer Posts: 1274
Hi I got some contact details of the lady who did the last wedding I was at in Ballintubber, and it was very impressive. 087 9422690 or 094 9250247