MB10 form - two questions

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Nadie Posts: 1111
Hi girls, I'm just filling out the MB10 form, and as I'm the payroll person I'm filling out the employer section too. It says to fill in the dates of maternity leave - but I'm not coming back to work here afterwards. I'm fairly sure I'm still entitled to the benefit, just wondering did other people just make a note on the form to this effect and did it cause any problems with the application? Also, as my GP is not in the combined care scheme I'm not seeing him at all during my pregnancy - just the midwives. Therefore it would cost me €60 to go down and get him to sign the form and I'm keen to avoid this. Was anyone else in this situation and how did ye resolve it? Will the midwives fill it out? Thanks girls!
Toblerone Posts: 2698
Hey Nadie, i'm fairly sure that it doesn't make any difference if you are coming back to work or not as you are entitled to the benefit as you are working now and have the required prsi contributions. I'd prob put in the dates anyway so that the Maternity Benefit section knows what your 26 week period is. Can't really help on the second Q yet. I'm attending GP practice but I only see midwife and not doctor and then for the hospital I'm attending midwives clinic nearby so again no doctor. I've apt with gp midwife later and am going to ask her what/who can fill out that section. Otherwise I'll be phoning the maternity benefit section - 1890 690 690. I'll be watching this space to see others.
MomToEmandJ Posts: 1977
i don't think it should make a difference if you are not returning to work there, as toblerone said you are working now. i am not seeing my gp either just midwives in surgery and hospital. i dropped in form to receptionist and asked her to get my gp to fill it out and i collected it next day. HTH
Thanks Toblerone! Oh why can't these things be simples...
ooh soontobemom, I like your receptionist appoach. That's the €60 sorted then!
MomToEmandJ Posts: 1977
well i just explained to her i wouldn't be seeing gp. that is great it will save you 60euro :o)ll not to mention waiting to be seen
Thanks for the help girls. I rang that number you gave me Toblerone, and just for anyone else with these questions the answers are; If you're not returning to work, the employer should do up a letter on headed paper confirming this. My letter will state that my employment contract ends on 10th December, and then I will be paid my maternity benefit from 11th December. This letter should be enclosed with your application. You can ask a midwife to fill out the doctor's section - as long as they have some sort of official stamp this will be grand.
wollysocks Posts: 1773
hi Nadie, As a payroll person I'm sure you're much more familiar with the tax system then I , but just in case- you know that when you are on maternity leave, you are seen as paying your prsi contributions as normal as when you are working...so is this affected by not returning to work? Do you have to do anything extra to ensure there is no break in your prsi contributions? who submits the info to the tax office- must you do this yourself?
Oh, wollysocks, never thought of that! I'm not a particularly good payroll person... You see I'm not staying home out of choice - I'll return to work somewhere else if I can - I'm on a contract here that runs up in December. So if I can't get a job after mat leave I'll be straight onto the dole, which I would assume has similar rules, as in not being a break in PRSI.