MBTs and walking

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Ms4eva Posts: 285
Hey Im sure there have been threads on this before but just wondering if any of you have bought the MBTs and what do you think of them? Are they really good for walking in - I mean would you feel encouraged to walk more cos you've spent so much money on them?
Mrs Decemberbride Posts: 4337
think there is a thread on these on off topic...have a little look there. personally i just have mine a little while and i think the walking and the correct way of doing it in mbt's will take a little while i just need to get the right speed and action and with doggy pulling out of me it can be hard. i feel they are a good purchase and feel very good when wearing them. do a little search and u will c more on them.
Joleigh Posts: 4242
A girl in work has them and said she really feels it in her legs after she walks. I would love to get a pair but they dont look the best!
Ms4eva Posts: 285
Thanks for the replies. No they dont look the best but if it would help my posture and back id be delighted..
Just googled them, have a read of this Really thinking about getting a pair now cos i walk a good bit!
pupsalove Posts: 1490
I have a pair of MBTs and they're great. They take a time to get used to but once you hit your stride (if you'll pardon the pun ;) ), they're really good. I have very odd feet and almost every pair of shoes I have, hurt me in some way after a while. Except the MBTs, they are without doubt the most comfortable shoes I've ever had. An hour walking quite quickly in them and you'd feel the workout, not just your legs but also your hips and it definitely improves your posture. Would have no difficulty recommending them!
winter wedder Posts: 79
The shop i work with sell them and I have a pair.... yes they are gross to look at but I really think they work. I went to Cork for a training day to research whether we should buy them in or not and therefore am a 'trained MBT fitter' (how sad does that sound!!) Anywho, anyone who's worried about walking 'correctly' in them - don't worry! There are 101 rules as what to do and what not to do, but as long as you keep your posture straight and your tummy in you can't walk wrong in them (for example they say to take shorter steps in them but as long as you're posture is straight - shoulder back etc - you can't take very long strides! so therfore in turn are taking shorter steps). Anyone with any queries don't hesitate to pm me.... as I said I can feel and see the difference since i got mine and I love them (NOT the look of them - H2B laughs heartily if he ever catches me in them!!)
Oh thanks Winterwedding! Is it true that everyone has to get measured and fitted for them? you cant just buy them off the shelf? Where in dublin supplies them do you know? Think i saw them in Roches.
winter wedder Posts: 79
Yes you have to be measured in them - they are made up in 2/3 sizes so the sizing can be different to your usual size. I think in most places you have to order them (takes a week to ten days) but I think Arnotts stock them and they'd be likely to have sizes in stock.
Thanks. I'm seriously thinking of getting a pair, just wish they looked a bit nicer! Dont want people to think I'm still wearing my platform runners from the spice girl days!