mc, d&c, ttc

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

harbour Posts: 65
hi all over 2 wks ago had my 12 wk scan . was told der was no heartbeat n to come back in a wk for a d&c . as u can all imagine we were both n shock n v upset but we were given to information nothin . went back last wed for d&c (12hrs of hell) i didn lik d fact dat on ur 2nd scan u had to wait n a rm full of happy ppl gettin gud results n waving scans . we were not even shown ours r anyting so mayb dat was why. after 2hrs of waitin n a full bladder we met a nice dr. who actually explained all to us . was booked into the hospital and was given dilitating pills follwd by allot of pain killers and injections had to wait 4 hrs b4 the d&c . then had to wait another 4 hrs to go hme. was told that ttc was a gud idea etc..... its been a wk n half since d&c today was first spotting since the procedure is any1 else ttc again or awaiting on af . did any1 concieve straight away? any advice ????
spinning jinny Posts: 425
FIrstly, I'm very sorry about your loss. My thoughts go out to you and your dh.... I had a d&c in May 2009. We started trying as soon as I was able which was 3/4days later as my SIL told me that she got pg after a mc/d&c straight away without getting AF. I got my AF 3/4weeks later, I used the OPK's, ovulated at the same time as I always did and got a BFP 7wks after d&c. I went on to have a healthy ds in Mar 2010. When I mc'd all I wanted was to be pg again as soon as and I was lucky it worked out for me. It's all down to when you are ready to start trying again but I was told that physically our bodies are able to start trying asap. Hope this helps....
thank u for sharing that with me n congrats dats gr8 news x der is hope :o)ll
oldlangsayne Posts: 448
So sorry to hear your sad news. I waited for 2 cycles after my D&C last August, my 2nd m/c, just to give myself a chance physically and emotionally, and got BFP that month. After 1st m/c I just waited 1 cycle and got BFP straight away. Think its a very personal decision. There doesnt seem to be any concrete evidence either way. Take care of yourself anyway. Best of luck for the future. :action32
CrappityCrap Posts: 1468
Hi Harbour really sorry to hear your sad news. Its very hard to hear at that stage when you think all is going well. I had a d&c in September, we waited for af to return around 5 weeks later and tried that month and luckily we got pg. As the others said it is very personal decision. For me it helped me through everything to start trying again as soon as I could. best of luck pet :action32
pixiebell Posts: 739
Hi Harbour, Sorry to hear your news. I went through the same in July. Seen a heartbeat and all at 9/10 weeks and went for 12 week scan and no heart beat and no reason given either. Its very disheartening but we tried again straight away (while on a break to get away from it all)! Im 25 weeks now and still so so nervous havent bought anything yet but it does make it easier when u get to certain stages of the pregnancy..feel free to pm if you want
[quote="oldlangsayne":51l0wz2k]So sorry to hear your sad news. I waited for 2 cycles after my D&C last August, my 2nd m/c, just to give myself a chance physically and emotionally, and got BFP that month. After 1st m/c I just waited 1 cycle and got BFP straight away. Think its a very personal decision. There doesnt seem to be any concrete evidence either way. Take care of yourself anyway. Best of luck for the future. :action32[/quote:51l0wz2k] hey ya tanx for replying found a usa website a no. of women who had multiple m/c's started doin research about it dey eventually found out dat d lining etc removed from a d/c is the same as a normal AF every mth so d cycles is purposely for emotional reasons and to date it altho isn't dat why ders scans .. der nothin really on irish websites about it
[quote="Nextstep10":16tjwis0]Hi Harbour really sorry to hear your sad news. Its very hard to hear at that stage when you think all is going well. I had a d&c in September, we waited for af to return around 5 weeks later and tried that month and luckily we got pg. As the others said it is very personal decision. For me it helped me through everything to start trying again as soon as I could. best of luck pet :action32[/quote:16tjwis0] tanx hun means alot O:o)
pixiebell Posts: 739
Hi Harbour sent ya a pm its a bit long but i hope u get it! y pms can be a bit funny some times