Me Ring (s)

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Cowhands Posts: 564
Bby
wollysocks Posts: 1773
hi, I dont have an eternity ring(yet anyway!) but my engagement ring is the same as yours and I'm going for a plain white gold wedding band with itsy bitsy diamonds at intervals set into the band...they dont stand out as diamonds but just give a bit of shimmer to the ring if you know what...sorry have absolutely no idea how to upload pics...however I think with the sparklies you already have a plain white gold band looks really classy...I was torn between that and the one I chose...it will enhance your diamond engagement rather than compete with it...I think another sparkly ring will be too much but I suppose it's a matter of taste....I think most wedding rings now look like eternity rings and I prefer the plain wedding band to be honest- though I think I'm in the minority!
PussyGalore Posts: 3388
Lovely rings, I think I'd go for a plain white gold wedding ring as that's a fair bit of bling you have there! BUT, I'm not a bling person so my opinion is based on that. I have a white gold diamond solitaire and although I haven't tried on any wedding rings yet I think I'm going to go with a plain white gold band as I don't want to detract from my gorgeous e-ring. I have kind of short fingers so I think more bling just wouldn't look right on me! So, how about something like this? Then your e-ring and eternity ring won't be fighting for attention with another one Edit: Hi woolysocks, I didn't see your message before I posted, but i agree, I think us plain band girls are in the minority!
Cowhands Posts: 564
Hi girls thanks for the replies, yes there is a fair bit of sparkle in the eternity ring I suppose but I dont wear my eternity ring all the time so I dont know if I would be disapointed with the lack of sparkle if if I had a plain white gold band - I think I need something in the middle of the road!
cora11 Posts: 348
Hi I have a round platinmun solitaire too!!!!!! I choose a 5 diamond stone platinum wedding ring it looks fab with my ring cannot wait to wear it!!! I dont know how to post a pic but it is on the appleby website under eternity rings and i think its the only 5 diamond ring-they only show it in white gold so we had to change the metal.... so :lvs it!!! Cow hand your eternity ring is absolutely beautiful looks fab with your e-ring!! X
FlexyDee Posts: 4904
Hi Cowhands! I have more or less the same engagement ring as you and this is what I picked! Fab bling off it! And it goes snugly with my engagement ring!
Synergy Posts: 2768
Flexy I got something v similar in gold! I love your taste :) What I love about it is the solitaire engagement ring fits right in snug with it Duh just reread your post and I almost wrote identical to it ha ha, no mind of my own
FlexyDee Posts: 4904
[quote="Synergy":2ku2gho0]Flexy I got something v similar in gold! I love your taste :) What I love about it is the solitaire engagement ring fits right in snug with it Duh just reread your post and I almost wrote identical to it ha ha, no mind of my own[/quote:2ku2gho0] I love your taste too! :) It's fab with my ring as as you said it fits snugly beside it!! I have our wedding rings got and put away and I'm paying for them every week! Organised?! :o0 :o0
Synergy Posts: 2768
OMG I'm paying for mine every week too, were we seperated at birth :o0
Cinnabon Posts: 2626
A few of my friends have soliataire rings and similar style eternity rings to yours - they all have plain wedding bands which they wear in between the 2 rings and it looks fab. Think if you put anymore bling on your finger it won't look well. Go and try on different style rings to see what you think. My wedding ring has diamonds on it to match the band on my e-ring and if I ever get an eternity ring I will have to wear it on my right hand as it would take away from my current rings.