Meal Ideas

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

CalamityJane Posts: 783
Am going shopping later and just want to plan my meals for the week to avoid over-spending. So far this week we'll be having chicken pie, chicken curry, some sort of fish and lasagne. Anyone want to give me (or it might be helpful for all of us on a budget) some ideas of what you'll be having so I can have the next 7 days covered? :thnk
bettyandclive Posts: 233
I made this the other day and it was gorgeous, I also froze some there was that much.
That looks yum and wouldn't be expensive... One to add to the list! Thanks!
Penny Hill Posts: 1898
Use some of the mince from the lasagna to do a chilli or bolognese. If you're doing veg with the fish, use some of the leftover veg to do a veg stirfry or fajitas
Alsgal12 Posts: 1411
Spaghetti with the sauce made from scratch. Chilli con carne with sauce homemade too. Tonight we are having bbq chicken from butchers and chipper chips as a treat. We will have fish and roast mediterranean veg and probably prawns in homemade tomato & chilli sauce with pasta during the week too. nom nom nom I'm starrrrrrrving :)
Love all of these ideas... I actually have prawns in the freezer too - will have to use them up.
SandyClaws Posts: 3108
Beef stew, beef stir fry, spaghetti in White sauce, spag bolognese, sliced potatoes in cream, nachos (old el paso) can be a great accompaniment I'd get two lots out of one box (about 4 euro but can be on offer) Chicken stir fry wit loads of veg and just soy sauce as the mix. Yummy and if you were on weight watchers only the chicken is pointed (old program) Erm you could get pork chops in lidl if u like them. Or lamb chops, I hope it's of some help
ghostchild2 Posts: 6237
Tescos have had lately a 3 for €9 offer with it we got steak, roast gammon and chicken fillets. The gammon is quite yummy and the steaks aren't bad either :wv
[quote="PrincessGoatTheDote":2cio4ppg]Beef stew, beef stir fry, spaghetti in White sauce, spag bolognese, sliced potatoes in cream, nachos (old el paso) can be a great accompaniment I'd get two lots out of one box (about 4 euro but can be on offer) Chicken stir fry wit loads of veg and just soy sauce as the mix. Yummy and if you were on weight watchers only the chicken is pointed (old program) Erm you could get pork chops in lidl if u like them. Or lamb chops, I hope it's of some help[/quote:2cio4ppg] PGTD, I make stir-fry with just soy sauce a lot, didn't realise it was so low cal! Will be making it even more now :thnk What do you make with the nachos? I'll also get the meat deal in Tesco as that's great value. Can freeze some of it. Thanks girls!
SandyClaws Posts: 3108
You could have anything with the nachos, like I'd usually have big ALS chicken cooked in the oven or even stir fry or something, I would recommend a tub of sour cream to go with the nachos for a little bit of heaven I just use the nachos and sauce that comes in the box, cheese on top and cook in the oven til cheese is melted and serve with the sour cream on the side. The stir fry is great I use onion, carrot, peppers, mushrooms, green beans, mangetout etc depending what I have at the time and a small bit of chicken goes a long way. Another thing I do is get the quoth chicken style pieces, can be more budget friendly than real chicken (2.60 or something a bag and it usually does 2 of us 2 dinners and hubby doesn't cop the difference)