Meal tasting tonight.....

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Loopy Loo Posts: 1774
How're yis We have our wedding meal tasting in the hotel tonight (yum scrum). I'm just wondering do any of you know what's involved? In other words, will it be a full sit-down meal for us or do we just get bits and pieces? Did any of ye have one and what did they do for you? Hope it's the works meself.... :o0 Loopy
luckyb2b! Posts: 15
hi loopy, have they not told you the set up? If you havent chosen anything, you must just get bits & pieces, but i would have thought it would be full dishes. my fsil is having her tasting on the 31st in her hotel, and they are having full meals - starter / soup / mains / dessert each, and they are only allowed to have one each, not have 3 or 4 mains to see what they are like. Anyway, best of luck with tasting tonight. Do you have any idea what kind of menu you would like on the day?
Hello there! We have chosen our menu already, so maybe we get a full meal. We're going for the most standard menu really to be honest, as we're fairly standard people! :o0 Chicken & Mushroom vol au vents, Choice of veg soup or some sort of sorbet, Choice of beef or salmon (I want both hahahaha) and a "Symphony" of deserts. God I'm starving thinking about it!!
Mrs Princess Sparkle Posts: 3854
Mmmmm, sounds lovely, Loopy! Enjoy & bon appetit!
:o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll Thanks!
anonymousbridetobe Posts: 1563
Enjoy - I am too chicken to do this in case the food is crap!
Indeed that is my one worry, but what the hell the savages will eat anything! :o0
Gabby Posts: 2873
well how was it
Well girls..........the tasting was very, very disappointing. There was a wedding on there on Friday and we're convinced we got the leftovers to be honest. The starter was divine but it was downhill from there O:| O:| I have never heard bad reports from there so I can only assume it will be hugely improved for the day itself. To be honest what annoyed me more than anything was that the miserable wench who calls herself a wedding co-ordinator in the hotel, saw us at the meal and didn't even come over to ask us how it was. Not only that but I haven't heard a dickie bird from her since....5 days later. Honestly, if I had time I would change the venue because of her! Ah well, think I'll just have to make sure there's lashings of alcohol for the guests so that most of them don't notice!! :o0
Ca cest moi Posts: 7855
Did you say it to the Hotel Loopy Loo, if not I really would let them know you were disappointed and will be expecting better service on the day as it is not good enough with the amount of money these hotels get for a wedding. Sorry to hear it didn't go well.