Measuring ahead of dates

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

OAT Posts: 2207
Anyone else measuring ahead of dates? I'm 31+5 but measuring at least 34 weeks :eek :eek No-ones really said much about why or what'll happen. I have raised B/P so have to go back in the morning.
Luka Posts: 1904
Hi OAT, I had my DS in may. all along I was measuring ahead, by a few days to a week & then when I had my last scan at 39 weeks, they said he was only measuring 35 weeks!!! The thing is scans are only a guideline, it's very difficult to be totally accurate. If your baby is measuring ahead & they are certain, then you may have your baby early. I had a section due to transverse lie & they were estimating his weight at 5 lbs 8 ozs, he was 7lbs 6ozs! So it can be hard for them to be totally accurate, I wouldn't worry too much about that, it would be more worrying if your baby was measuring alot smaller like they thought with me at the end. Good luck, you must be counting down the days!!!
xx fairy mommy xx Posts: 1833
Hope everything is ok in the morning Oat! I'm not sure how I'm Measuring at the mo - dr just said I was growing nicely at my last apt! Have hospital on Monday though! Let us know how you get on in the morning !
dancerformoney Posts: 2733
i have been measuring bigger all along by up to a week. my midwife said to me that they give a leeway of about 3 wks either side, if the difference gets bigger then they start doing growth scans etc and more monitoring. how was GTT test? any history of diabetes? how high is your bp?
[quote="PregnantDancer":3hpjcqlk]i have been measuring bigger all along by up to a week. my midwife said to me that they give a leeway of about 3 wks either side, if the difference gets bigger then they start doing growth scans etc and more monitoring. how was GTT test? any history of diabetes? how high is your bp?[/quote:3hpjcqlk] The GTT test was normal and my Dad had diabetes. Blood pressure is averaging on 150/90. Hopefully the tablets they have me on will reduce the blood pressure. Also anyone any history/knowledge of protein? Twice now I've been sent into holles st with high B/P and protein +1 in my urine but when I get my urine checked in Holles Street, no protein shows up, how can that be in the space of an hour with no loo breaks, food or drink in take??
dancerformoney Posts: 2733
[quote="OAT":p1x2i3af][quote="PregnantDancer":p1x2i3af]i have been measuring bigger all along by up to a week. my midwife said to me that they give a leeway of about 3 wks either side, if the difference gets bigger then they start doing growth scans etc and more monitoring. how was GTT test? any history of diabetes? how high is your bp?[/quote:p1x2i3af] The GTT test was normal and my Dad had diabetes. Blood pressure is averaging on 150/90. Hopefully the tablets they have me on will reduce the blood pressure. Also anyone any history/knowledge of protein? Twice now I've been sent into holles st with high B/P and protein +1 in my urine but when I get my urine checked in Holles Street, no protein shows up, how can that be in the space of an hour with no loo breaks, food or drink in take??[/quote:p1x2i3af] just reading online there that sometimes normal urine can read a false high, whatever way the protein sits in the normal sample. are you using the same sample or weeing again when you get into holles st.? otherwise im not sure why it would read +1 and then nothing. any idea what your pre-pregnanacy bp is?
No never the same sample, always wee again. I've no idea what my pre-pregnancy b/p would be, don't think I've ever had it taken without being pregnant :o0 I'm so confused with the different samples, tests etc... everything is very up and down.
lush11 Posts: 2877
Oh take no notice of scans. I was having a heart attack during my pregnancy cos they were telling me i was having a big baby and measuring ahead of dates and i was sent for GTT. I was a week late and weighed 7lbs 15oz. A very normal sized baby me thinks so dont listen to them. I worked myself up over nothing. Those scans can be up to 20% off.
Pullover Posts: 18
Just with the wee sample, midwife at my booking appointment said if I can go for a wee when I get up and before I eat or drink anything wee again and use this second wee as the sample wee. Maybe this why your second wee coming up fine?? Dunno why, maybe very first one has extra protein etc from sitting there some of the night iykwim? Hope that helps!