Med 2 Form?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

streaks Posts: 3592
Had root canal recently and want to submit this to get something back as procedure was so expensive. Does it have to be submitted at year end with a med 1 form, or can I just send it in now? All the dentist sent out is the form signed and stamped with their details on it but there is no room for my pps number etc.. Anyone know anything about these?
cunninj48 Posts: 217
Medical expenses are claimed back at the end of each tax year once you get your p60 or last payslip & this includes allowable dental expenses like root canal treatment. So if the procedure was carried out in 2012 you will have to wait until the end of the year Register for PAYE anytime online and then you will be able to make the claim online in early 2013. You can register on bottom left corner as far as I remember
katief Posts: 1900
I smugly sent in all my medical expenses from the Dentist for last year waiting on my big cheque to arrive. I had Dundrum planned for new shoes. Got the balancing statement back from Revenue and turns out I owe them money. They kindly informed me that they'll start recouping the money I owe them beginning from 2013. Last time I do that. >:o)
cunninj48 Posts: 217
The only dental expenses that you are allowed claim back are the ones allowable on a Med 2 form, they are classed as non-routine for example root canal treatment, crowns, extraction of impacted wisdom teeth and orthodontics. Other expenses like fillings, examinations and cleaning are not allowable medical expenses for tax purposes!
[quote="cunninj48":1axi433f]The only dental expenses that you are allowed claim back are the ones allowable on a Med 2 form, they are classed as non-routine for example root canal treatment, crowns, extraction of impacted wisdom teeth and orthodontics. Other expenses like fillings, examinations and cleaning are not allowable medical expenses for tax purposes![/quote:1axi433f] I knew that, will only be putting in for money back on root canal, thanks! Katie, thats crap ya poor divil!! I claimed some medical expenses back last year and all was well so figure I'm probably fine as just got my check out a few weeks later. Will hang on until the end of the year then. Will be welcome anytime!
Penny Hill Posts: 1898
Hi, Are the forms available to download?
They are on the revenue website if you google med 2 form it will come up. Has to be signed and stamped by dentist though. I just rang them and got them to send one out to me that was signed etc already.
Penny Hill Posts: 1898
:thnk