Medical Evacuation

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Jacqueline Hyde Posts: 1145
There's no proper place to put this. It's not P&B, not TTC. Anyway. I'd a scan this morning, baby had no heartbeat but still in there. I'm thinking about using the Mifepristone and Misoprostol option. Has anyone used this option and how did it go? What should i expect? I was a little zoned out when the nurse was explaining and OH wasn't with me so i missed some of the details.
theoracle Posts: 7664
I am so sorry babybubbles for your sad news. I haven't taken the medical route, but from what I have read from others here it sometimes works and sometimes doesn't. It can make you fell nautious as it is hormonal drug. I have had a natural miscarriage (ie not managed), and it took 7 days from diagnosis to the actual miscarriage. Take care.
Hoping2011 Posts: 176
Babybubbles, Im sooo sorry to hear ur news, thinking of you and OH, please God you will get through this sad time. Mind youself.
Jacqueline Hyde Posts: 1145
Thanks ladies. I'd like to let it happen by itself but i don't want to wait either. Baby has actually been gone for 4 weeks so i don't know if that means i'm more likely to pass it soon or that i might need assistance. It's a lot to think about.
jen2 Posts: 3106
So sorry to hear your news. I really hope you can get through it with good support. Not much advise to give u. Have miscarried a few times. Won't go into details. But did not take medication! Such a sad time, I really want to send you the biggest hug!! :action32
luckyblackcat Posts: 85
Thinking of you babybubbles. I was on the Aug thread with you at the start and unfortunately I lost my little bean before xmas. Sending you all my love at this time. It is so difficult for you. Please pm me anytime xx
greenbaby Posts: 541
Baby bubbles try posting on the ttc after a miscarriage. All the girls there have had different experiences of mc. I had an ERPC 4 days after my missed miscarriage was discovered. For me it was the least traumatic option. I was advised that sometimes the tablet option doesn't work and an Erpc is still required so I went straight to that option. I also didn't want to experience the mc but I know others prefered to have the mc rather than a surgical procedure. Hope you're doing ok.
markel Posts: 216
Babybubbles, Sorry to hear your news - it's terrible. I had a D&C after MMC last Aug. Found it to be least traumatic route. In a way it kinda put a line under things and allowed us to put it behind us. Whatever you decide I hope it goes ok for you. Hope to see you back in P&B again soon. Take Care
libramoon Posts: 2402
[quote="markel":2zumc190]Babybubbles, Sorry to hear your news - it's terrible. I had a D&C after MMC last Aug. Found it to be least traumatic route. In a way it kinda put a line under things and allowed us to put it behind us. Whatever you decide I hope it goes ok for you. Hope to see you back in P&B again soon. Take Care[/quote:2zumc190] +1 on this. I had a MMC @11 weeks in 2009 and decided on getting a D&C. I felt the exact same as markel after it. Its up to you in the end what you decide. I'm so sorry for your loss :action32
greenbaby Posts: 541
Just in case you're confused with all the different terms an erpc and d&c are the same thing.