Medical history?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Mum-2-be Posts: 108
Hi all, I have my first appointment on Monday week in the Rotunda and as far as I know they go through your medical history with you. Just wondering do I need to know much about family history? I am adopted so I don't know any history but I am in contact with my birth mother and just need to know if there is anything I should ask her before I go to appointment. Thanks :thnk
brideeee Posts: 1490
They ask about whether there is a history of and serious birth difficulties in your family and whether your mother would have had problem labours/births and possibly if there is any history of any major genetic problems in your family (I think) HTH xx b
Mum-2-be Posts: 108
THanks brideeee, it's a question I dread to ask but I will ask her anyway! I've already been asking her about the amount of boys and girls in her family, (Her neices and nephews) so a few medical questions can be thrown in as well! :wv
MrsOBrien1412 Posts: 3971
[quote="Mum-2-be":3en4a42p]Hi all, I have my first appointment on Monday week in the Rotunda and as far as I know they go through your medical history with you. Just wondering do I need to know much about family history? I am adopted so I don't know any history but I am in contact with my birth mother and just need to know if there is anything I should ask her before I go to appointment. Thanks :thnk[/quote:3en4a42p] [color=indigo:3en4a42p]Snap !!! I have no medical history as my birth mother is also adopted, I think if you can maybe find out her health during her pregnancy that could be helpful and also if there are any hereditary diseases in the family might be helpful for them [/color:3en4a42p]
theoracle Posts: 7664
They may also ask about diabetes, dawns syndrome, heart diesease and allergies. I too have no medical history of my parents, and I just said so! They also have the option of putting 'not known' in the relevant box on their forms.