men arrrrrgh i could kill my dad

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

anon2012 Posts: 267
hi girls, i only found out this morning from my mum that she is turning 60 and that her sis was on wondering what we are doing for her birthday, i nearly hit the roof when i rang my dad and asked him what he was planning. he hasnt done anything i now have to book a hotel for dinner get a cake and organise transport and accomodation for the family and her birthday is the 8th of october which gives me a week. does anyone know where i can get a cake done up at short notice in the wicklow or wexford.
Princess Cinders Posts: 11475
Is there a superquinn near by they do lovely cakes and you only need to order them a few days in advance
great thanks i just got through to one of the local bakerys and she is going to do one for me thanks for the advice though. i cant believe my dad left it this late to organise something for my mam. i hope the dinner and cake will be enough im trying to get through to her sister at the moment to organise things on the wexford side.
Princess Cinders Posts: 11475
I would try not to worry too much, is it likely to be a big group of people and is your mam fussy about the type of food
about 20 to 30 im hoping and she is like you wouldnt believe dats why i have booked a really nice hotel we had dinner there for my uncles 25 year coronation. why is it when you need to get in touch wit people you can never get a hold of them.
Debb2010 Posts: 831
I'm not being smart but did you not realise this was coming up yourself???
gerbil Posts: 3528
lol @: Debb! sorry but you asked the very question I was thinking :o0 your dad probably hoped someone else would do it! best of luck with it though, hope it goes well!
my mam is the kind of person who never reveals her age and i was under the impression that it was next year. i have the cake booked now and am waiting on the hotel to ring to confirm the private room for the night. i have gotten thru to my auntie down in wexford and she is arranging numbers on her side and im going around to all my aunties and uncles on my dads side tonight to ask them down to it.
Missus Lippy Posts: 5879
It will come together fine and sometimes the things you organise in a hurry can be the best laugh!
Lizzy1 Posts: 4128
[quote="lovelouise":2izoduuj]hi girls, i only found out this morning from my mum that she is turning 60 and that her sis was on wondering what we are doing for her birthday, i nearly hit the roof when i rang my dad and asked him what he was planning. he hasnt done anything i now have to book a hotel for dinner get a cake and organise transport and accomodation for the family and her birthday is the 8th of october which gives me a week. does anyone know where i can get a cake done up at short notice in the wicklow or wexford.[/quote:2izoduuj] Sorry i'm no help but just wanted to say my Mam's birthday is the same day :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll